Pagoda Box/Lantern

This was one of my last makes of 2019 - a Christmas gift for my mom who has a pan-Asian theme in greens and wood tones in her bedroom.

Pagoda09

The files came from svgcuts.com. She markets it as a box that can be a lantern, but I gave it purely as a lantern since I was going to be shipping it and not able to sort of explain live as it was being unwrapped.

Pagoda06

I used my Cricut Explore to cut it, papers sources from various brick & mortar and online sources, lights from Target. I did add the battery pack sleeve from another project, it was not included in the files.

15 Likes

I love how it looks all lit up! So pretty!

Thanks!

Beautiful!

its even extra cool all lit up!

Whoa, that’s incredible! I’m sure she loves it to bits.

So utterly stunning. A work of art.

Thanks, friends!

Ohh, I love that it lights up like that! How cool!

Such a unique piece!

This is amazing!

Thank you all!

I have this svg file. Like the way this looks. Inspired me to pick out some paper tomorrow.

Cool! Paper selection took me ages, but mainly I think because I was having to do much of the selecting in online stores. Cutting also took quite a while, but it went together pretty quickly after that!

This is the most gorgeous paper craft ever, it doesn’t even look like paper, it truly looks like a constructed building kit, even more so when lit from the inside. Bravo!

1 Like

That’s so lovely!!

That is amazing, what a great and talented daughter she has! It might be too flimsy to be used as a box, but as a lantern that won’t be moved or filled etc I think it’s perfect, it does look really cool when lit.

Thanks all!

@imera It is pretty strong and would great as a gift box!

It is? Ok, hard to see from photos, it looked like the fence was of scrapbook paper so I thpught the rest might be as well, but great that it’s giftbox strong :slight_smile:

The fence is the only flimsy part, but that is separated from the container part of the box. In mine it is a mid-weight cardstock, so it would be better in a heavier cardstock, but still just by the nature of its shape and attachment it will only be so sturdy. I would say no more fragile than some of the embellishments on store bought gift bags.