Paintbrush, hedgehog, a dragon, and Books Magnets

I made these for the magnets swap. Even thought they are magnets, I painted most of them, so I am listing them here.

The first one I did was the paintbrushes. I had a lot of fun trying to get a little artsy with it. Ha! I added a little tassel to the bottom.

Then I painted the books. The background gets lighter as it goes up to give it a kind of magical feel. :crossed_fingers: This one got some gems.

Somehow, I deleted the pic of the hedgehog. Boo. I thought it was cute. I am using my partners picture. Hopefully, she won’t mind.

I have to use her pic for the Percy Jackson books too. I have no idea what’s going on with my phone. I created miniature books and put magnets on the back since she is a Percy fan.

And last, but not least, I wanted to try something different and I cut out and appliqued a dragon. I wanted it to be scrappy looking, so I did some stitches on top of it. I put thick mat board on the inside to make it sturdy.

19 Likes

All different and cute!

Love that you are trying new things…your stitching is getting adventurous!

1 Like

Fantastic work! Your painting is wonderful, as always, but I’m really liking the magical fabric collage.

1 Like

They are all so adorable and perfectly done with all the details!

1 Like

Such a fun variety!

1 Like

They’re all super cute and awesome! I’m so glad we were partnered up and got to swap and I couldn’t love them more!

1 Like

Wow girl. You’ve got all kinds of artistic abilites just ooozing out.

Smack my fingers if I ever join another swap here. Way out of my league.

they are all great but I really like the one with the books

1 Like

No! There will be no smacking of fingers. Just do your best and enjoy!

@gozer, you do such lovely work! And for a girl who dislikes making miniatures, you sure do rock those tiny books!! It is impossible to pick a fave among these, as they are all so beautiful. The little dangles are really cool and unique.

1 Like

These are all so awesome! I, of course, love the dragon the best. :purple_heart: I also love the paintbrushes! The beads were a nice touch.

1 Like