Painted canvas journal

I made this painted canvas journal for @jemimah in the IYP swap. I was so excited to send that I forgot to take pictures so I’m using one of hers :slight_smile:

Here’s a pic of it closed. I reenforced the inside of the spine with tyvek to keep the holes for the elastic from expanding.

This was really fun to make because I painted a larger piece or canvas then got to decide which part to rip out for the journal cover. Thanks for looking!

17 Likes

I love this! I think you picked out the best part for your partner, although, I don’t see how you could even say it was the best part…it all was probably beautiful!

Good idea to reinforce the spine…the pop of that yellow button is also wonderful with those colors!

1 Like

I love your style of painting, love Love LOVE!

1 Like

Oh, you sure picked the right part of that larger canvas… this is really striking and engaging to look at and I bet it’s going to be so fun to fill.

1 Like

Mmmm, love those colors!

1 Like

Agree with @Magpie that you have such a wonderful style and a great artistic eye. The journal cover is very cool!

1 Like

It’s so gorgeous, even better in real life! The painted and stitched canvas cover feels great, and will be durable too, I’m very lucky to have it, your painting is beautiful! :heart:

3 Likes

This is really, really cool. Beautiful colors.

1 Like

Just awesome!

1 Like

This is lovely!

1 Like

This is fantastic!

1 Like