Painted carry on bag

Every time we fly through ATL International they put our regulation size carry on in the baggage compartment. Fine, I will carry a larger handbag.

26 Likes

This is so cool! I love how you used color to tie it into your luggage!

1 Like

Thanks! I figured with those colors there would be no questions as to who it belonged to.

4 Likes

Nicely done! I do the same thing at airports…carry the largest handbag I can get away with!

I love how you did each side differently!

2 Likes

This is AWESOME!

Thank you. The painted lines cover stitch lines. I felt like the white stitch lines would mess up the look.

1 Like

Love this!

Love it and the colors!!! I hate when they gate check my luggage! I had mine gate checked then we couldn’t get in to Newark (no shock there must have been a fly on the landing strip closing the whole place down) After being stuck at a regional airport in rural VA for 6 hrs they flew us finally to Newark and abandoned us for the evening. It was 3am and I had nada! No clothing, deodorant, toothpaste nada and oddly there’s a homeless shelter being run at the Newark airport! So anyhooo after a bit a security guard called a hotel manager he knew they shuttled me over where I was handed a goodie bag of tooth pate and deodorant and got a couple hours sleep before my departing flight the next day! I now keep my deodorant and toothpaste in my very large purse!

4 Likes

We got stuck at an airport a 4 hour drive from the airport where our car was parked. Airline said it would take 2 days to get us home. We rented a car after midnight, drove to our airport and picked up our car then drove an hour home. I had a 2 cereal bars in my clutch bag. It’s the kind of drive that’s at the start of a horror movie.

1 Like

Great way to buck the system! And pretty to boot!

1 Like

Hoo boy! This wondrous topic is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :tada:

1 Like

The star and flower pattern is really cool! It coordinates perfectly with your luggage too. Great job.

1 Like

Thank you for all the compliments! It’s really helping to boost my crafting confidence and encourages me to share.

Cute! I love bags, and I love travelling! sigh I can’t wait to go on an aeroplane again!

I really want to make this pattern, which is designed to lift right out of your handbag and into the seat pocket in front of you…travel outbound bag

This is lovely! What a great idea to spruce up a large travel purse :slight_smile:

1 Like