Painted Ladies

Just playing around with some leftover paint and layering techniques. I’m trying to push myself to make more faces/people.

And a picture stolen from kittykill - I could have sworn I grabbed a photo of this lady, but I can’t find it.

Thanks for looking! :grin:

22 Likes

These are fabulous!

1 Like

I love these so much! The textures, the layers, the ethereal spirit of the ladies :heart:

1 Like

Love these. The second lady is my favorite. Are they on wood? They would make fabulous magnets.

1 Like

Love the layering, colors, and textures! Your ladies came out great.

2 Likes

Haha…that’s exactly what they are! The rectangle ones anyway. They are on old plastic cards…various gift cards or arcade cards…with a magnet strip glued to the back.

The round one is a chipboard ATC blank, but I might add a magnet to the back of that one, too.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :blush:

2 Likes

These are beautiful! I love their serene faces… they go so well with your backgrounds.

2 Likes

Holy cow! I want one of these…very badly! They are so magical.

Did you stamp the words on tissue paper before gluing or something else? It makes it look ethereal. I totally want to try whatever it is you did!!! (hopefully you don’t mind)

2 Likes

Aw! Thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Yep - it’s stamped tissue paper adhered with gel medium. I’d love to see your take on this!!! Your style is definitely an inspiration! :blush:

I love them! They are so serene. It makes me want to step into their world. I imagine they are feeling the sun on their faces, in a quiet moment.

WARNING: POST HIJACK (or moved if a mod wants to)

While adoring all the faces that Abbeeroad has painted, a couple of you used the term, “ethereal”. I don’t know what that word is or even how to pronounce it, so a googling I went. I quickly came up with an Ethereal Workshop which led me to a world of wow’s that is similar to what I’ve experienced here, amongst the Lettuce.

1st, Let uce start with a song to listen to on our adventure.
Bing Videos

Ethereal Workshop | My Singing Monsters Wiki | Fandom

THE END of hijack.

1 Like

:drum: :drum: :drum: :drum: Congratulations! Your rad craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOO! :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

2 Likes

Aw! Thanks!

1 Like

I love the big hair…they are little self-portraits in a way…it seems that style has evolved around reality!

They do give a sense of calm and contentment!

1 Like

Haha…my husband calls them my “big hair ladies.” :sweat_smile:

1 Like