Painted plant pots

I made these pots to help my 14 year old to go to Nepal. We are nearly there!!

15 Likes

Nice variety; good luck!

1 Like

These are great!

1 Like

You are pretty darn good! What a fun way to display plants. We love plants around here :herb:

1 Like

Thankyou!!

Thankyou!

I love the elephant one! I hope you make enough!!

2 Likes

Thankyou! We are nearly there :nepal::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Oh wow! Love these! Makes me want to do a few myself! Hope the fundraising is going well!!

1 Like

Good luck! That sounds like aneat experience for a kid, heck, an adult! :wink: Those pots are painted really nicely. Iā€™d be curious to see what plants end up in them.

2 Likes

Thankyou!

These are really nicely done. I love how you go tthe gradient on the elephant one. Itā€™s beautiful. And I love the variety. Your hand writing is amazing too. The one with the flowers (sorry, I donā€™t know what kind) looks almost like water color. These are very impressive. I hope they raise they money!

@gozer thankyou!!

Lucky kid to have such a crafty Mom!

Nepal is a wonderful and yet sobering place to visitā€¦she will gain a lot.

Good luckā€¦they are well doneā€¦my fav is the GOTā€¦Winter is Coming!

@AIMR thankyou, I am hoping she will gain life long skills and have an experience she will never forget!!!

Is she going with a group? It seems the whole country is under construction so they are trying hard to recover from the major earthquake in 2015. The people are so resilientā€¦but the trip is a hard oneā€¦so unlike the USA. I think travel, especially to less fortunate countries, gives people a true appreciation of how fortunate we are ā€¦it is humbling. She will indeed remember it forever as I did when my dad took me to Ethiopia when I was a child.

Yes, she is going with an organisation called World Challenge, through her school. They organise trips from all over the world. They will be doing some project work. They will also be visiting local people and learning cooking and crafts.
The walking will be tough, but, they have been training.
I think she is very nervous as she has never been away from us for that long!!
Iā€™m hoping it will let her see a different side of lifeā€¦

2 Likes

Way to go, mom! Amazing start to what is sure to be an incredible adventure :).

1 Like

Lucky child! And great pots, so many different themes. I really like your paintings

1 Like