Painting - Nikita

This is the latest painting I did. It is oils worked over an acrylic under painting on 18×24 aquabord.

34 Likes

You amaze me.

1 Like

Lovely. Looks like a Renaissance painting.

2 Likes

This is incredible

2 Likes

Stunningly gorgeous!

1 Like

How beautiful!

1 Like

Woah!! Beautiful!!!

1 Like

Absolutely phenomenal. Its stunningly beautiful. You’re a master at oils! Basically at everything. Ha!

1 Like

Thank you guys. Let me explain how “I” feel about my own paintings. First, I have no training of any kind in any field of artwork, tho Lord knows how I always wished to attend the School of Visual Arts here in NY, so I could stop stumbling around every time I pick up a brush and having to figure out what to do each step of the way every time I start a new painting. Somehow it works out, tho I think an artist from the past is having fun taking over my brushes because sometimes even I look at the work I produce and wonder in amazement how in the heck do I do that??? I know that sounds rather, well I can’t think of the right word for it, in any case it sounds “awful” to say!

But when people ask me how I can paint like that, my response is always, "I have no idea! what I am doing; it’s like I am watching a video of somebody else’s hands doing the work! " And I am completely mesmerized the whole time! Understand? Think that is what they call being “in the zone?” Know what I mean?

4 Likes

See my reply. But I thank you!!

1 Like

This is just stunning.

All the details on her pashmina is just lovely.

CONGRATULATIONS! This has been chosen as one of this week’s Featured Projects.

Many thanks!

Regards,
Pat

1 Like

I thought this was a photograph not a painting, you’re amazing!

Wow, this is wonderful!

Holy macaroni, what an intensely fantastic painting! Wow, you have some serious talent.