Painting of vintage squirrel figurine from Japan

Show below with a pop can for scale and my Green Cheek Conure, Mr Peepers (RIP Mr P) because he was so darn cute.

16 Likes

So tiny and sweet!

1 Like

Super cute!

What’s Mr. Peepers up to there, did he get jelly of that squirrel and take him out? LOL, funny bird.

2 Likes

This is adorable!

1 Like

@Magpie, he sure did! Anything I was intently focused on he wanted to be a part of too or at least distract me from so he could go back to being the center of attention. That little dork was great company but not so great around wet paint!

3 Likes

That is the cutest!

1 Like

This is darling!

1 Like

Cute painting and even cuter Mr. Peeps, sorry for your loss. My daughter has a female eclectic since first grade she is now 30 yo and Birdie is 30. My daughter adores her.

1 Like

So small!

I love the paint drags from above and below, as well as the speckling. And Mr. Peepers is sweet! Sorry to hear he passed.

:metal:

1 Like

Thanks! It is painted on an up-cycled wooden coaster and I wanted to allow some of the grain from the wood to show under the paint; so I thinned it on the edges to allow the wood to “peep!” through. Also thanks for the kind sentiment for Mr Peepers. We were each others flock and making art and music has been very healing while recovering from the loss of our little buddy. :parrot::green_heart::parrot:

1 Like

Extra points for an upcycle!

It’s so painful when little buddies pass.

I love how you thinned the paint to get that cool background with the wood showing and how you shaded using dots. Very cool.
Sorry to hear about your buddy, but I’m glad you’re able to use art and music to help you heal during the grief.

1 Like

The bird shot is probably my favourite XD but the art is really great, love the dot shading

1 Like