Pallet wood Christmas Tree - Green Holiday “Greens” 2022 Entry

Truly cool! Beats the heck out of a manufactured fake tree!

2 Likes

This is the coolest, most personalized tree ever! Love the hexie shapes.

1 Like

This is wondrous!! I love all the things to see & find & enjoy!

2 Likes

This is just the coolest! Love that the whole fam helped a bit. :smile:

1 Like

This is amazing! Every year that you put this up, you’ll be reminded of all the fun and love that went into its creation! What an awesome family project!

2 Likes

This is utterly fascinating! I love that you have all come together to create your tree, so the memory of making it becomes a part of its story. Amazing. :christmas_tree:

1 Like

I LURVE this! So cleverly designed and such a visually interesting and pleasing way to display your ornaments.

1 Like

Fun-- I like how the ornament hooks work better than actual tree branches, too.

1 Like

this is incredible!
so beautiful & sweet that all of you created it together!

2 Likes

The hooks really do work better than normal tree branches! Though it was a lot harder to find tiny hooks than we thought it would be (our local hardware stores were all out) and we had to predrill holes for all of them so they wouldn’t break as we put them in. you can also use the tiers of the tree as shelves if you want (which I think would make a really cool store display for plants or figurines). If I was better at keeping plants alive I’d put tiny plant pots on them, but I seem to kill plants just by looking at them.

2 Likes

I love all the green scraps of paper you used, instead of adhering pine bristle scrapbooking paper. National Geographic pages? Or maybe Ranger Rick?
It looks sturdy, so the cats can’t knock it over. This is the first Christmas for our cats and so far they’ve been chill about the trees, but we’ll see.

1 Like

The green bits are literally every green paper object we had in our art and craft supplies. :laughing: There are pages from archeology and nature magazines (national geographic and ranger Rick included), origami paper, wrapping paper scraps, even a few produce stickers from oranges and bananas that were green. I do a fair amount of collage art so I had a file folder full of “green” that we used up. We tried to go from light green on top to dark green at the bottom. It will take ages to replenish the supply of green paper.

It is very sturdy. I don’t think a cat could knock it over (my kids can’t). Cats and trees can definitely be problematic. We only have guinea pigs these days, but when our old cat was still alive and we were getting live trees she knocked them over twice. She also always drank the tree water and ate pine needles. We got sick of it and started getting a small tree that we’d put up high where she couldn’t get to it as easily, but she sure did her best to foil our plans.

2 Likes

Cats. They’re not at stoic as people think. That’s so cool that you used allll the green, I bet it was fun! Turned out fantastic.

1 Like

:sparkles: :christmas_tree: :wood: Congratulations! Your amazing Pallet Wood Christmas tree is a featured project this week! :wood: :christmas_tree: :sparkles:

1 Like

What an honor, Thank you!

1 Like

What a fabulous and joyful family project! Brilliant!

1 Like

Time to Vote in the Green Holiday “Greens” Challenge!

And this year’s Bake Off!

1 Like

This is so not what I expected from the project title, but so much more! I love that you made it truly 3 dimensional so that you can hang so many ornaments on it. What are the vertical pieces that are holding the hexagons in place made from?

1 Like

The hexagons are held in place with Paracord. We drilled holes in the corners, and threaded the Paracord through, knotting it under each hexagon. That way it can be collapsed flat for storage but it still hangs symmetrically.

1 Like

So clever! Much better than sticks!

1 Like