Pansy Shortbread Cookies

I have had a bumper crop of pansies this year and found a recipe on Pinterest for shortbread cookies involving pansies. I enjoy a good shortbread cookie and had tons of pansies, so win-win, right?

Here are the pansies:

And here are my cookies:

In general, you can do this with most cookies if you want. (Perfect for a sugar cookie, too.) After you have baked your favorite cookie, you will leave your oven on and set the cookies out to cool. Then combine an egg white with a bit of water and whisk it together. Grab a pansy that you have already washed and remove as much of the stem as you can. “Wash” the top of your cookie with the egg white mixture, lay down the pansy, “wash” over that and sprinkle some sugar on top. Pop them back into the oven for 2-3 minutes and you’re good to go!

They were yummy and beautiful all at the same time. It takes a bit of patience to work with the pansies here, but it was definitely a lovely outcome. These would be perfect for a summer party or shower.

Thanks for looking!

22 Likes

Lovely!

1 Like

How delightful!

1 Like

These are just delightful!

1 Like

So pretty!

1 Like

Too pretty to eat! I love the varied colours of the pansies. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Your cookies are beautiful!

1 Like

that’s an interesting concept, I would have never thought to decorate cookies with flowers. Very nice results!
What sort of flavor do the flowers have?

1 Like

Very little favor when on the cookies because the sweetness takes over. Otherwise, they still have a very faint but floral sort of taste. You can put them in salads too!

1 Like

I, too, love shortbread! And, putting the flowers on them just brings them to a whole new level! They look almost too pretty to eat (but I’d definitely eat them, because… shortbread!). Thanks for sharing how you made them. I might have to grow some pansies just so I can do it!

2 Likes

I have been dying to try something like this! They look so sweet!

1 Like

They look too pretty to eat!

These are lovely!

Congrats! Your Pansy Shortbread Cookies are one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go!

1 Like

What yummy charm these have!

These are so colorful and beautiful! I will have to try this! So inspiring​:purple_heart::green_heart:

These are beautiful!!