Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

I also love this one…seeing your daily pages has been wonderful…

1 Like

thanks :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just bought three classes… cause I’ve definitely finished all the others I’ve started :roll_eyes: :see_no_evil: :sweat_smile: Maybe I can get myself back into the swing of things with online classes, make myself do one lesson a week? :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I flagged a little bit at the end of Junk Journal January but have caught up a few prompts the last couple of nights. In no particular order…

Antique, featuring my OG name-the-new-color Crayolas plus some old-timey printout margins and ancient word bubble stickers.

“So if you find yourself in that nostalgic rage, honey, jump right up and show your age.”

Musical

“When playing jazz you always has a welcome mat.” I couldn’t bear to cut off the overhanging cat, so it’s folded over to the back for a future tuck.

Unexpected, which for me is visible journaling :laughing:. In white, because baby steps.

Hobbies. I blanked out the answer to the trivia question in case anybody wants to try to figure it out, but the uncovered version is in the dropdown.

Answer

6 Likes

Congrats on making it through! I didn’t notice any flagging. I’m impressed with your January progress!

Love your hobbies page…it’s busy in the best way.

Thanks! There are still a few prompts I haven’t tackled, but I may call it done. I did end up doing a lot more of them than I’d expected.

2 Likes

FEBRUARY PROMPTS - EDIT

Shades of blue
Hand or hand print
Something interactive - spin, flip, cut-out or pop-up
Song lyrics
fibers or thread

6 Likes

oh, I like the finished product!

1 Like

I keep forgetting I bought some Alisa Burke courses in January. Still fighting my cough/sore throat and haven’t had a ton of energy so haven’t started them. Hoping it clears up soon and I’ll feel like tackling them.

2 Likes

I totally get it - I’ve had two colds in two months and after almost 3 years of nothing, they both felt like the plague! I’m better now but the cough took a week or so to go away.

1 Like

I am currently prepping three journals for the Alisa Burke classes I bought last week. …can I assume at this point that I don’t need to watch her “welcome”, “supplies” and “prep that journal” steps for each class? :sweat_smile: I feel like they are basically the same for each class but I’m afraid of missing some new important tidbit :thinking:

2 Likes

I definitely skip! Couldn’t tell you if you’re missing anything good, haha.

1 Like

I got a ScanNCut yesterday because I wanted to make stencils. Instead of starting with something simple I decided to make myself an intricate drawing, enlarge it, then cut it out if Mylar. The scanner and auto blade are amazing, I’m officially obsessed with the ScanNCut and ready to rehome my Cricut.

8 Likes

WOW! A machine cut out that drawing?

I wonder if I could get another table in this craft room…hmmmm

2 Likes

Right?! It’s so cool! The scanner interface and the amount you can do right on the machine is amazing. You can also send it up to Canvas Workspace (their online program) and edit it. Plus the cut file is saved so you can customize it as much as you want in the future (bigger, smaller, take out parts, etc). It’s a really powerful machine and far superior to my Cricut Maker. The main benefit to the Cricut as far as I can tell is that it can technically cut with more pressure. But the auto blade on the ScanNCut just worked out of the box vs with the Maker I ruined a few pieces of Mylar before I figured out the right settings.

2 Likes

Cool stencil!

I finally broke out my crop-a-file for the first time.
I felt lost. I couldn’t figure out how to open it up and punch a hole. I had to watch a video. The unlock feature was super stiff and hard to open. And it would have never occurred to me the the top and bottom parts were for joke punching. The instruction sheet leaves a lot to be desired.

But I finally got my hole punched and snapped in an eyelet.

5 Likes

I’m glad you persevered! The colors and textures on that heart :heart_eyes:

Here’s a better pic.

Once I figured it out the hole punch was super easy. It cut through the heart like it was butter.

7 Likes

@magpie and I were just talking about how you were using your crop-a-dile! I see you have out it to good use! Love your artsy heart!

That stencil is SO BRILLIANT! I love it, what a cool machine!

@geekgirl the heart looks gorgeous! yay for persevering!

1 Like

Help … do you mean Crop-a-dile? I’ve been trying to figure out what you’re using but crop a file only brings up how to crop computer files.