Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

I’m hoping Kiala Givehand hosts the New Years’ Eve craft-along again this year. But I have plenty of Wanderlust and Fodder School lessons to work on. Wanderlust 2021 & 2022.

I’m scattered lately and can’t seem to follow thru on anything. So short and sweet crafts/lessons are what I’m looking for.

4 Likes

I’m the queen of collecting art classes and not focusing on them, so I can relate. I’m hoping she hosts the NYE event as well, I’ve really enjoyed them the last 2 years.

5 Likes

I send holiday & birthday cards as a part of the Angel Network (store bought cards because it’s faster) and I want to include some affirmation cards. Like the lips I made earlier this year, I used a mini gel plate in a mug shape.

I bought one set of the mini shapes for my mom but she never used them and I found another set at the creative reuse store. They are very easy to work with.

10 Likes

Beautiful sentiments and very cool shapes and backgrounds. What a nice way to lift the spirits!

1 Like

These are wonderful!!

1 Like

at the beginning of the year I took Catherine Rains free 5 day collage class and made these

Link to class (I think it’s still available)

This coming January she is offering a free10 day class!

2 Likes

I liked the class but the emails that followed - arrrrrgggghhhh!

1 Like

yeah I need to do some heavy filtering to my “sign up for stuff” mailbox so they all stop coming to my inbox

1 Like

That looks good.

@Smmarrt that’s why l Ike black Friday, it puts all the emails in one spot so I can unsubscribe

1 Like

Just got my email from Kiala Givehand for the NYE craft-along. Did the price go up? No biggie, but something to do on the holiday.

1 Like

I haven’t gotten the email (yet?). How much is it this year? I think it was around $25 last year?

1 Like

I didn’t get an email either, but I keep unsubscribing from stuff so I’ll have to go and check it out

1 Like

I paid $50 and yes I thought it was 25 - 30 last year. More if you wanted year-long access.

2 Likes

I can forward my email to you and anyone who wants it. This is the early bird price before she announces it to everyone on Monday. Lots of good teachers - folks I like.

3 Likes

Yes please, I’ll send you my address. Thank you :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I sent from my Yahoo email addy.
See you there!

1 Like

Making more mess! Not feeling this one, so I’m going to park it and move on.

7 Likes

I love the pink and the oranges. I also really like the textured edges of the shapes. Cool!

2 Likes

I love the colors and the circles.

Sometimes if you leave a piece and go back you’ll like it more.

Or cut it into smaller pieces. That does miracles!

3 Likes

I cut up a bunch of scrap cardboard and card stock for ATCs, Inkbox cards, etc.

I keep all my various sized blanks in this box

And this box has backgrounds in various stages

12 Likes