Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2023

These all look fantastic!

@AIMR those candy coloured shapes make me happy just looking at them, and the blue doodles are brilliant!

@Abbeeroad I love the colours you chose, and the small version with the dots is awesome and alive!

@geekgirl these are fabulous, the detail on the blue on is wonderful and I love the tonal effect in those autumn hues.

And @AIMR - the kitty!!! ahahahahhaha!! totally a kitty

1 Like

lol Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one who saw a cat!

2 Likes

I love this groupā€¦

2 Likes

May Prompts!

• Letters
  • Natural
  • Diagonal line(s)
  • Complementary colors
  • Stamp

I tried to leave them open to a variety of interpretations, so have fun!

5 Likes

@AIMR - Your blue piece reminds me of security envelopes.

I have been trying to teach this to my Pre-K group - they get bored coloring (even tho I bought sparkly gel pens!) so there are many unfinished ā€œscribble picturesā€ in the school.

2 Likes

ha ha I knew it felt " familiar" !!! ha ha

Hereā€™s mine!
I had a lot of fun doing this. Definitely a go-to art project without the stress. Iā€™m going to try crayons next.

12 Likes

I donā€™t remember an awful lot of kids in my childā€™s preschool who had really got the hang of coloring yet.

Awesome!! Love your doodles and the overall organic feel.

I just helped fund a program in your area to buy crayons for every child to take home! I am hoping that there will be lots of scribbles and drawings over the summer months!

5 Likes

Oh thatā€™s pretty!! Gorgeous colour mixing!

I really like those fatter black lines! Very nice doodling as well and beautiful colors!

1 Like

2 days worth of meetings. Well 1 1/2 days really

11 Likes

Nice! Love this color scheme.

Lovely! Iā€™m liking the white dots a lot.

One more week to join the Paper swapā€¦you can sort through your stash, get rid of some stuff and find that thing youā€™ve been looking for. A win-win situation.

I have a project in progress that I will post this weekend that uses up a lot of paper (I hope). And Iā€™ve made about 30 more coffee sleeve books - my mom requested them for her two book clubs. So much paper!

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing that project! Iā€™ve sent in my Q for the paper swap, thanks for organising that :smile_cat:

1 Like

Hereā€™s my page for the may prompts. I did the letters at random but now it just makes me think of Chick-Fil-A

11 Likes

Itā€™s got a patchwork-y feel that I really dig!

2 Likes

Ooh, I like this!!

1 Like