Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2024

I used the gold mica ink in one and made these. I fussy cut and use as accents

7 Likes

Here are some in action

10 Likes

Oh, Canada. Joni Mitchell writes nice songs about it but, man, I ain’t gettin’ no three dollar ink & fifty cent squeezy bottles here. Where’s the sparkly stuff for northern magpies? Sad. Sad all kinds.

Maybe I should get a PO box in Buffalo. Can you imagine? It’d have to be quadruple extra large, lol :smile:

2 Likes

These are so cute! I love the accent idea. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Welcome to Lettuce Craft Rae! I hope you find lots of creative inspiration here :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

I’m still trying to finish filling this art journal…

The archway is from a magazine image I cut around. The rest is acrylic paint, collage, Distress Ink, gel pen, paint pen, Stabilo, and probably something else I’ve forgotten.

6 Likes

Any interest in watercolor flowers for our next zoom? Instead of a complete journal page?

I’m thinking April 21 but I’ll post a poll closer to the date

8 Likes

Looks fun to me!

1 Like

Sounds great!

Thinking about doing this. I just found them. Anyone know their stuff?
Inchie challenge

There’s literally nothing on that page. I tried clicking everything for more info…

I did her Jumpstart Your Creativity in 2024 challenge earlier this year with @megwell. It was short and sweet, but not particularly informative or helpful, but then I don’t think that’s what it was intended to be. I got her emails in my inbox for a while, but ultimately unsubscribed.

For reference:

1 Like

several of us did the inchie challenge last year. she mails out a prompt every day and you interpret it however you like. I did Twinchies instead.

1 Like

Sorry the link didn’t work @Magpie ! Glad y’all knew what I was talking about though. And thanks for the input.

I may try this. Just as a daily creative nudge.

The link worked but the page it went to had not a lot of info & no links, confuse!

1 Like

The link worked for me then pop-up appeared so I could join the Inchie challenge, then once I confirmed my email, it took me to the page with a video and a free pdf - not going to print it tho - too many pages and photos. I’ll just wing it when the prompts start.

1 Like

the link was part of an email with lots more info

here is the page that describes the challenge

1 Like

I almost forgot to post a poll to see who is interested in doing a zoom Sunday

Art Zoom Sunday April 21 at 3 pm Eastern time

• I’m in
  • Not this time
0 voters

Supplies:
watercolor paints
brushes
water
paper

1 Like

I’ll be there if I wake up in time - it’ll be early here, so I’ll be the one slurping coffee in my pyjamas lol.

Weekends are hard so I’m a pretty firm maybe. I rsvp’d yes so you’d send me the invite in case I can make it.

2 Likes