Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2024

It’s so pretty and exuberant @AIMR, it make me happy to look at it :smile:

I really like your dramatic black and white drawing on the colour @jeanneleigh, these have a lot of cool energy!

I love these pieces by the preschoolers @Smmarrt, they’re just full of joy! :sparkles:

1 Like

Heads up - the gold acrylic ink is back down to $3.71

3 Likes

Thanks for the heads up! Scurries off to buy a bottle.

2 Likes

lol we are a bunch of enablers :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

I had totally forgotten that I bought gold ink from Blick’s…I then ordered gold and got gold, yellow, and purple! I also have red and black from Blick’s.

I hope to try them out after I mail out a couple of swap packages. I really need to start packing up my art supplies, but I still have 3-4 months before I move.

I have really purged my supplies and reduced my WIPS…now to just haul all of the stuff to the re-use store!

4 Likes

I’m going to try to grab one this time.

@geekgirl - what were the squirt bottles you used for it? Like these?

2 Likes

yep those are what I have

4 Likes

Yep–I have those as well, thanks to you! They work great!

2 Likes

they are sooo good with glue. you get really good control over the glue coming out. and its thin enough that your paper won’t buckle.

4 Likes

Yes! I buy jugs of glue (Elmers and Tombow)…I do water down some of them so that they aren’t too thick. I only ordered a set…I probably need more…

1 Like

I ordered a set of the bottles. I will definitely try it with glue! Do you have trouble with it gumming up in the tube?

Linda…I can send you a few after you move if you need some. There’s no way I will use 12. I got gold and white ink…both at the 3.71 price. I want some black, too, but will keep an eye out to see if it goes on sale. Though we’ll see what colors actually show up, lol.

4 Likes

I use Art Glitter Glue and it doesn’t gum up. I tried these bottles after the specialty tip for the Art Glitter Glue kept getting clogged.

3 Likes

I bought the gold for $3.71 and 2 other colors for more than $3.71.

I love acrylic inks - I make lots of background papers with ink & water.

10 Likes

Looking forward to the next zoom craft along :smiley:

5 Likes

there is another inchie challenge this year

2 Likes

The gold arrived! Now I just need to pick a project to use it on. And I’ll check out those bottles. Are y’all using them for fine line work with the ink or squeeze splatter?

1 Like

I used the gold mica ink in one and made these. I fussy cut and use as accents

7 Likes

Here are some in action

10 Likes

Oh, Canada. Joni Mitchell writes nice songs about it but, man, I ain’t gettin’ no three dollar ink & fifty cent squeezy bottles here. Where’s the sparkly stuff for northern magpies? Sad. Sad all kinds.

Maybe I should get a PO box in Buffalo. Can you imagine? It’d have to be quadruple extra large, lol :smile:

2 Likes

These are so cute! I love the accent idea. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like