Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2024

When were you thinking to do the Feb zoom? I could make it to any Monday except the 19th (not sure if you were thinking to keep it on Mondays or mix it up).

1 Like

I agree the middle one is best. I got some nice comments from the instructor. I mean I know she has a vested interest in making sure her students are happy but it was still nice :blush:

3 Likes

I wasn’t necessarily planning on only Monday’s, although that did seem to be the best week day. Sundays seemed to be the top pick. I’m waiting on @Abbeeroad’s input. We will do a video using some of the collage papers we made and since she requested that want to make sure it’s a day that works for her.

3 Likes

I think Mondays might be better for me until after cheer/ski season…I’m either on the mountain or stuck in a school gym for hours most weekend mornings. Though I’m usually home by 3 at the latest, and could prob swing it if it were after then.

1 Like

Another piece that I am calling done. I got some texture paste and this was my first time using it. It’s very shiny, I wasn’t expecting that.
I need more practice using it

8 Likes

February’s prompt is:

Things with Wings

5 Likes

Art journal zoom on February 12 at 7pm Eastern time

Supplies needed:
watercolors
brushes
water soluble pencils
paint pens
collage papers
adhesive
focal image (can be one you made)

Are you going to attend? (you don’t have to do the video but some sort of crafting is required)
  • Yes
  • No
0 voters

@Lynx @Edel @kayrun

3 Likes

I’ve not seen shiny texture paste before. what brand is it?

Excited about this one! I might work on some focal pieces this week in preparation.

1 Like

It’s ‘Pink Ink Designs’

I almost forgot this challenge started today :woman_facepalming:t2:. Here’s my day 1 “how many lines.”

8 Likes

I just finished mine too! Of course I started with her example because my mind was blank.

7 Likes

What challenge is this?

This one!

3 Likes

A few books from Alibris- I search “mixed media” and se what the results are.

4 Likes

Today’s brush marks:

9 Likes

And here are mine!

6 Likes

Ooo…I like the marks on a busy background!

1 Like

Thanks! I think that’s from a coupon sheet.

1 Like

so in December I created a bunch of folders in my email and set up filtering.
I totally signed up for this and forgot I had all this forwarding going on and didn’t check all my new folders. oops.

4 Likes