Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2026

Thanks! So fun to use so many colors and random stamps. My ink pads were drying up so it was less black on the stamps. I was going to do marks after but wasn’t sure where to put them. Next time I will do random like you did. I like how it looks.

I am trying to use up my cheap acrylic paints. The black is an enamel paint which is shiny.

1 Like

These pages all look great!

I tried a similar concept, but took in a slightly different direction. It’s a brown kraft paper journal, and I used water soluble crayons, coloured pencils, and black marker pen.

Next time I would design the flower properly, rather than just jump in with a marker. I might try that on the other side of the spread.

It was a really fun session, and great to see you all :grin:

9 Likes

I like the liveliness of your flower.

2 Likes

I’d love a piece!

While we’re talking drywall tape, I found my big roll of the plasticky meshy kind and I’m happy to share if anyone is interested in that.

5 Likes

I’d love some. You sent me some years ago but for the life of me, I cannot find this type of tape. I do not have access to a big box hardware store.

I’d love some!

1 Like

Art journaling… I need to get pages done this weekend for a swap, but I just threw my mish-mash of craft supplies into storage to make room for getting a new bed. I’m probably going to end up buying more supplies because “where’d it all go?”

2 Likes

@jeanneleigh I’ll bring you some next time I see you

@Smmarrt sure I’ll send you some. And yeah I bought this at a Lowe’s hardware years ago

3 Likes

New pattern unlocked! From Rakuten, which I only remember to use once in a while. But a random check for $5.78 showed up.

10 Likes

That’s a cool pattern. I got this one today.

9 Likes

I made an ATC based off that last video

12 Likes

Great idea! I’m planning to make a journal page but might as well double up and make an ATC as well!

1 Like

Very nice! I am going to try making holly leaves with holiday colors on notecards. I am looking out for ideas for Christmas cards to send out.

2 Likes

Mine didn’t turn out so great. One of my paints kinda exploded when I opened it so there was way more blue than expected. Also it seems I’m on a stippling kick… started trying to swirl, then switched right over lol.

I’m also not finished with the page… 1. I might flip it so flower is on bottom 2. I’m adding a quote sticker, possibly a bee sticker… or blue butterfly.

9 Likes

I think it is lovely. I always think these kind of things can be used for backgrounds. I save all of mine in a box and sometimes cut them up or make ATC’s or other things from them. I like your meandering lines. I also like your ideas of adding other elements to the piece.

3 Likes

I just posted a homemade postcard swap if anyone is interest

3 Likes

I just had to.

12 Likes

Cute!

This is so pretty. I like the thin white lines and organic white border around the petals. And the colors!

1 Like