Paper, Mixed Media, Art Journaling Craftalong 2026

Here’s my finished one.

Also: I think my favorite pinterest journal prompt which I’ve decided every art journal I add to gets a version:

7 Likes

Look at this stash of drywall tape that showed up in my mailbox from @geekgirl today! Thanks, Carlee!

8 Likes

I just realized I forgot to send some to a couple of people. I will do that tomorrow!
Sorry, I got busy and it slipped my mind.

3 Likes

With my art journal project… I decided I wanted something from my granddaughters. Technically I envisioned is sitting down together and everyone doing it at once, and following the prompt I feel in love with. Didn’t work quite that way. Granddaughter 1 decided she’d do it but her way. Granddaughter 2 decided an hour or so later to draw a picture. I’m going to trim these where the masking tape borders are, then attach them to my journal

(Oops…will edit with pics in the morning. I just realized I never actually took the pics, and the artwork is still in my car)

Pics! Granddaughter 1 followed some of the prompts (lines, circles, triangles, hearts, colors). Granddaughter 2 did a family picture of everyone jumping - baby brother and I jumped highest, and stars. I just realized she added the fire pit from making smores, and a chair to the picture.

4 Likes

There’s just no predicting what granddaughters will do :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Just an FYI - wanted to share this listing on Costco.com - looks like a good deal!

3 Likes

Some may remember components of the project from previous posts (the painting here and the little birds here). At one point, I decided I wanted to make the painting into a box, so I cut it into four equal pieces. Then, as I was playing around with it, I decided to do this–a Secret Garden. I had to glue the back two pieces back together :slightly_smiling_face:. It locks with the latch and then opens to reveal the garden.

4 Likes

Very nice! I love how you made your art into a fold out journal.

There are two free crafting/art events happening soon.

Sept 28...Making Zen…lots of fabric and stitching, but some mixed media as well

Oct 1-Oct 9: Wild Nature Taster Event - free

Oct 17-23: Art Oasis

The Fodder Challenge also starts Oct 1st, but it costs $39. I signed up for that one so I will be very busy in October!

4 Likes

Super intrigued by Wild Nature, so I’ve signed up for that one! Thanks, Linda!

1 Like

@stirlingarts - that’s so cool!

@AIMR - thank you for the links! I’d already joined Art Oasis but just signed up for the nature one.

2 Likes

I signed up for Art Oasis. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’m not going to join the FB groups, but I want to post here in our group. I have always enjoyed sharing here.

4 Likes

I know I’m super late in responding, but this is sweet! :heart:

And @geekgirl I love the library card collages from your version of icad:)
(Post 91)

1 Like

I got a bunch of old library cards from @calluna during the Asheville meetup! they are fun to craft with.

2 Likes