Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

They would make amazing gift tags. I love them

1 Like

I bought it. I loved the last one.

These tags and scribbles and fodder and bits are amazeballs.

1 Like

Wow @photojenn, I love your pieces, so cool and modern! The tags are beautiful @AIMR!

I think I might need to give this class a try over the weekend …

2 Likes

My labels came so I’m taking a break from work and painting stickers so they have time to dry.

10 Likes

I love the idea of custom painted stickers. :heart:

5 Likes

Me too! I’m envisioning in addition to this project, being able to doodle on them for stickers or since they’re address labels, making fun address labels for Happy Mail. So many possibilities!

Also, I totally signed for that doodling class. I think I’ll start it tonight.

8 Likes

Your eye for beautiful color mixes shows in your weaving and these painted labels…as you said, so many possibilities…one thing leads to another, doesn’t it?

I am also thinking of signing up for that class!

4 Likes

(wrong thread)

1 Like

Well if you guys are doing doodles, I’m not going to be left behind, lol.

I will have to check that and the fodder class out this weekend!

6 Likes

I really enjoyed that class. Each one was pretty short and sweet and her ideas definitely sparked my creativity. I’m always down to doodle!

4 Likes

I used some of the stickers I created yesterday and used them to make a background for today’s doodling exercise (exercise 2 from the Alisa Burke class).

For the day 1 exercise I just used regular ball point pen on printer paper.

I’m really liking the class so far.

13 Likes

Ah! So cool!! I love that you combined the two classes in the green piece.

2 Likes

Very nice! There is something very meditative about making repetitive marks…

I love the blue one…sort of looks like leaves very close up!

2 Likes

More dolls using the trash masterboard…also made more tags…I think I need to make a lot more masterboards… :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I just love your ladies. Super inspiring!

2 Likes

All of your tags are wonderful! :smiley:

1 Like

I’m going to make more paper dolls too - they are kinda addictive!

3 Likes

I watched all of the videos this afternoon from the Fodder Lessons (on 1.5 speed :yum:) … I need to make some more fodder :stuck_out_tongue:
So this afternoon I had my first go at a masterboard. I used a mixture of paints, stencils and stamps.

It’s A3 sized, I’m not sure how big to cut it down to, I’m sure it will look better once it’s trimmed.

13 Likes

Super fun and colorful! I love the white squiggles (stencil?).

2 Likes

The magic is in the cutting up for sure. Yours is brilliant, beautiful work :slight_smile:. Personally, I always add splatters, it gives a real dimension & depth.
I think the more of a hot mess you make, the better they turn out in the end!

4 Likes