Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Bought a composition book today - 50 cents at Target. Drawing grids. Thanks for the idea!

2 Likes

I’m trying to make more backgrounds that I can scan and use in my art. Here was today’s piece. I’m still hesitant to use my “good” book pages but I think I need to get over that since the pages are somewhat visible.

14 Likes

I love this so much - just gorgeous!

1 Like

This background just makes me happy. Reminds me of a sunny spring morning. Thank you for the vision.

1 Like

this is gorgeous! love the colors.

1 Like

I made a couple of envelope ephemera books using all junk/trash

3 Likes

I received a card from @photojenn that inspired me to try something different on my cards. I glued the word - hello - across the front, it adds a bit of dimension and, in my opinion, makes the card pop.

13 Likes

Love it!

1 Like

I love it too!

1 Like

I love it! It really does make it pop

1 Like

Yes! I love the dots filling the negative space too.

1 Like

oh, this is a work of art! I see you are still doing your little triangle designs – they look amazing!

1 Like

Thanks! I do use this design a lot on cards, not usually exclusively as I did one this one though.

I’m thinking we should restart (or reboot or recreate) the Jar of Hearts idea from the old site. Each Paper & Mixed Media member and Art Journal-along member could create some mixed media, or fabric, or any media hearts that are ready to send to a fellow Lettuce head when they are going through stuff. I’m thinking of sloth003 - Quilt of sadness and love and LadybugsAndBees - Happy Mail Craftalong 2021 ~ Monthly themes and Birthdays too! - #2647 by Magpie.

I know this coincides with the Happy Mail thread but I wanted to post quietly in a corner so the folks I mentioned won’t get notified…

I’m thinking this is a good way for me to use some of my master boards and other paper stuffs I have accumulated in the last few months. Let me know if this sounds like something we can/should do.

9 Likes

I love the idea, but my heart’s not in making things for people right now, and I feel like the whole point is to send something made with heart (especially if it is, in fact, a heart!).

2 Likes

I like this idea and would participate.

2 Likes

Well I plan to make a bunch and have them ready to go when I see a post. Since Thursday is a day off, I’ll get some started.

My mom saves me her Talenti gelato containers so I have a place to collect them.

1 Like

I love this idea. Do we have addresses for the ones you noted? I’d like to participate.

I was hoping to get lucky from the list that we created when the old site shut down or ask around - maybe the Happy Mail Craft craft along to obtain the info…

Playing with new ideas for Christmas cards. I don’t really like the one filled with circles.

12 Likes