Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I’m interested!

3 Likes

Oh that’s a nice list @Smmarrt - thanks!

1 Like

Yay! I’m so excited peeps are signing up!

1 Like

I’m in!

2 Likes

Not 100% sure what my Saturday schedule will be, but for now I’m free and interested.

2 Likes

I wish I could, but my internet data limits me to say “have fun and can’t wait to hear hoe it goes!”

looks like we will have a fun group for tomorrow. Sorry you won’t be able to join us Lynx2Lancer!

Ha! Thanks for the gentle nudge, gg! I will send the link today! Can’t wait to see y’all!

@Lynx maybe next time!

I wish I could, but our data cap won’t allow me that kind of fun. :disappointed_relieved:

:grin:

I saw a video the other day making stamps out of foam sheets. The video was part of an art journal course I purchased so I can’t share that video but I found a couple of sites that show similar ideas.

The video I saw took foam sheets with the sticker backs and cut random shapes out and then stuck them onto another foam sheet. Then brayered paint on to the stencil and used it as a stamp. these were more for background stamps and not meant to be detailed.

I’m going to get some foam sheets and try it out myself. I’ll post pics when I do.

here are some other people doing similar things:

1 Like

I’ve also made rudimentary stamps with hot glue on bits of cardboard.

I tried that and maybe it’s my glue gun but I couldn’t hold the gun steady enough to do what I wanted.

And I burned myself. but that was me not the gun!

I like both of these ideas a lot. Edel said the spider web stamp was ‘broken glass’, and I just think that would be hard to carve. But hot glue could get those lines!

And the foam…I wonder if I have some already? I really love geometric shapes, so this would be perfect!

1 Like

Yeah, if I did it again I’d aim for bigger and/or more abstract designs. I didn’t really get what I was envisioning, either, although it ended up creating a pseudo leopard print I don’t hate.

Yes to foam stamps - if you have those groovy kids scissors with different blades, you can cut the foam and have some fun shapes.

Yes to hot glue stencils - I shared a pic on the old site…I like to use them for gel printing.

Will search for link tonight.

1 Like

For the last journal page, I looked for fun foam to try making some (you can also use a wood burning tool to “carve” into the foam), but I couldn’t find any on hand. I know I have some, so I’ll try looking again.

Oh I wish I could have joined in! It’s my last day at my job, so I’m going to work (I’ve been busy finishing things off the last few weeks, so very behind on lettuce)

I hope you have a fun time!!

3 Likes

My page:

And I found a face inside it:

I will probably cut out the face and scrap the rest. These colors do not speak to me. But I loved seeing everyone and arting with y’all. We will have to do another!

7 Likes

Yay! It was fun, low-key, and low-pressure, all good things in my book. I haven’t been able to motivate myself to do any of the art journaling videos on my own, so this got my butt in gear (at least for today)! Thank you!

(Paint is still air-drying on mine, and then I have some doodling to add before sharing)

2 Likes