Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

I am there…I missed you guys! I want to get the last video done as well, so I will be working on that …I bought a bunch of pigment powder, some brayers, letter stamps, and just need to make some modeling paste…I forgot that and don’t want to wait so I am going to try the baking soda/baby powder and see how it works…

Love your second piece, @geekgirl…the two circles are very nice…

1 Like

I’m supposed to be canning this weekend, so I’ll miss out (but I haven’t done the last one yet… although I have a plan for it… I want to make a journal from a file folder using this tutorial and I’m hoping to use the colors and techniques from that video).

I’m just got my Silhouette back (my mom and I traded), so I might have to try making some stencils (after I hit the Dollar Tree!). And, I’ll try the baking soda texture paste technique (@Edel, you said it was 1:1 bicarbonate to glue?).

I did about 1:1 baking soda with white acrylic paint and then added a few drops of PVA

@geekgirl yes I did get my times mixed up, 3pm Eastern is perfect for me too.

2 Likes

They look great. I love making my own stencils. I have so many now

1 Like

Thanks! I have everything I need, which is nice, because I always spend way more than I plan every time I walk into a store :slight_smile:

1 Like

The true crafter’s problem I think we ALL have.

3 Likes

I’m interested but won’t know until closer to Sat. Please include me, though!

1 Like

I hope you can make it!

1 Like

I just made some and put it into sealed jar…I am excited to try it tomorrow!

1 Like

I’m a maybe. I enjoy watching her videos – they’re kind of soothing – but I’m not really clicking with them craft-wise.

I can’t make it this Saturday (unless outdoor fleece-dyeing day gets rained out) but I hope to get cracking on some of these soon. :slightly_smiling_face:
@megwell, make it what speaks to you! If she says “now do this thing,” and you don’t want to do that thing, spend that time doing the thing you want to do. one of the things I love about having a video everyone watches is how the video is just a jumping-off point, leading to so many different things.

3 Likes

I did a journal page today. I’m trying to put some of the techniques I’m learning into practice.

13 Likes

This is so cool! It has a fantastical landscape vibe that I really love.

Sorry I can’t jump in… I need the sleep :sleeping: :sleeping::sleeping: can’t wait to see what you make

2 Likes

Today’s session was loads of fun. Here’s my finish page.

And for those that heard my cats crying like they hadn’t been fed in a week - here is their food bowl when I went down stairs

8 Likes

Thanks for the fun journal-along today! Here’s mine from today

8 Likes

I had so much fun this afternoon, thanks ladies! I’m in awe by how talented you all are.

Here’s my page from today. There are parts I really like, but definitely need to work on blending the colors so it doesn’t look so blocky.

5 Likes

Always fun to learn new techniques and supplies! Best of all, seeing familiar faces!

Here is mine…going to try again but with less texture medium…lots of fun, though…and can’t wait to do another one soon!

6 Likes

I’m swooning! All the textures! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Agree, @calluna! So much texture!

I like the colors, but also the layered cursive in the circle @photojenn. @Kwality570 I like the sentiment banner. You give good font. @geekgirl your colors looks like a wonderful glimpse under the sea. @AIMR I like the salt washed colors you’re throwing!

Clearly I missed a great episode!

3 Likes