Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2020

Here is the page I made following the above video!

9 Likes

Love the black halos!

I kept trying to watch the France Pappillon guided journaling videos but I’d latch on to a little detail that would spark a different idea, leading to starting a different page or project! So I have various things in progress, and one completed page that only used a couple ideas from the start of one of them, before it became its own thing.

My first time using the Signo white gel pen! So wonderfully easy!
The base is a bunch of photos glued onto book pages. The idea of masking off just a little piece of it, and deciding which piece that should be, is how it came to be a spread about root beer.

7 Likes

These pages look fantastic!!

1 Like

I got my molding paste and some dry wall tape…I really want to do one of those junk pages…I have a ton of junk…

I also started another face drawing…I am enjoying that a lot as well…learned how to draw hands today as well…and a tiger…lol yeah…I am all over the place…too much candy…

3 Likes

Anyone interested in art journaling on Saturday morning? 10am Eastern time?

I want to do this video. its mostly about shading which is something I’d like to work on.

supplies needed:
gesso
acrylic paint
white charcoal pencil (could probably make do with any white pencil or pen or even a fine paint brush and white paint
plastic wrap (saran wrap, cling film)
paint brushes
paper towel
heat gun or hair dryer
makeup brush or a soft clean dry paint brush

she does a similar one with black charcoal but the first video shoes more of the plastic wrap technique so you could choose white or black

5 Likes

I’m in!

1 Like

I’ll join in if I’m awake in time (I’m quite often awake early) :smiley:

2 Likes

I’ll send out the zoom info in the next couple days!

That looks super cool! I feel really behind on regular life stuff, so I’ll be doing that this weekend instead, but I can’t wait to see what you guys make!

2 Likes

That is really beautiful. We have almost hit out data cap, but I can’t wait to see what you all make!

Oh, wow! That’s a beautiful page! Sadly, I can’t even think about anything but school right now. But, I can’t wait to see how you all interpret it!

I agree, that page is stunning! I am interested, but since I’m behind I have to say no. I can’t wait to see what everyone makes!

I am!!!

I’ve sent the zoom info to @photojenn, @jemimah, and @AIMR for a session of following along with this video tomorrow morning. if anyone else wants to join in, let me know.

2 Likes

It was great to see you ladies this morning! I really like the techniques from the video, will definitely need to try it again. Here’s my page

Here’s the silicone mat I was using. I have a white one but I don’t see it listed now.

10 Likes

It looks fab! I love the depth and dimension, and your shading turned out great!

1 Like

I like how your white turned out. I struggled with mine and covered most of it with color.

Then I did another piece without as many layers

The video makes it look so easy but it’s definitely something that takes practice. I did enjoy the process though

9 Likes

I LOVE the translucent effects. I guess I underestimated the power of a makeup brush; the smoothness is so nice. I’m not using mine anyway, I may as well repurpose it for painting!

These are all so beautiful.