Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Catching up on Mary Correa’s Footloose and Fanciful challenge

6 Likes

Nice! I watched the vids but didn’t actually pull out my stuff. Maybe this weekend? Yours came out great!

PS - welcome back!

1 Like

Got a new die set today - couldn’t wait to jump in.

There are 19 shapes.

If you watch the Tim Holtz video from last week, oh my gosh, speed thru to the last 15 - 20 minutes. Amazing.

So I just followed the examples on the package to get started.

These are on card stock, background is a French math book. I should have edged the small pieces but I just wanted to finish some cards.

There are a zillion more combinations - I will cut more pieces tomorrow.

9 Likes

These shapes really speak to me. So artsy but engaging and fun. That squiggle hair is FIRE

1 Like

Ah! So fun!

1 Like

Voting is now open for the inspired along challenge, see the entries and vote here

And I am the happy recipient of the Thanks Card, I love it

1 Like

Two get well cards - one for college friend who had a knee replacement

Inside

The other card is for my neighbor who had cataract surgery

Inside

8 Likes

That eyeball card is funny & cute!

Laminated colour copies of masterboards turned into book marks for the man to give out to his fellow yoga therapy class mates when they meet up at their first in person retreat together.

7 Likes

Ooo…love these and the idea!

1 Like

I made a whole whack of them for @underthemountain 's books for kids charity years ago. This time, the cutter at the copy shop wasn’t doing a very good job so I cut this lot by hand and my thumb is still hurting today, ouch! Pictured is about 1/4 the bookmarks, the rest are going to a teacher friend. When my thumb stops hurting and I can round all the pointy corners. Just, wow, really painful scissor work. Who knew?

I sent @Edel some Rolodex cards after she commented on a post in the Thrift store finds thread. She sent me 7 finished cards. Wow! Lucky me!

If anyone else wants to make some, I have the smaller size - 2.5” x 4” and the medium size - 3” x 5”. PM me with your address and I’ll send you some. :grin:

6 Likes

Is anyone here doing the ICAD this year? (Index Card A Day)

I’ve never done it before but I bought a pack of index cards at the dollar store because I knew it was coming up :sweat_smile: I heard about it on Instagram but I don’t get on there daily anymore so I was wondering if there is anyone here that can share the prompts with us? :innocent: I don’t know if I can do one a day… but I might be able to do seven a week :wink: :smile:

1 Like

I signed up for her newsletter because I am not on Instagram but I’m considering playing this year. I think she said they are also posted on the website?

2 Likes

I think she usually posts them on her blog, I see she has the first week up - ICAD 2022 Prompts Set One

I’m usually pretty anti-challenge but this one appeals to me so I’m seriously considering it. I should make sure I have some index cards.

1 Like

Ooooh! Thanks! I’d be lost without Lettuce Craft friends :heart:

1 Like

I believe @Smmarrt and @geekgirl might be doing this…I thought I read it in the art journalalong…I just can’t commit to a daily thing…I already am behind in a weekly one and a monthly craftalong online!

I am gel printing large index cards and 3 x 5” Rolodex cards so I have backgrounds prepped. Then I plan to use up all the scraps or a small portion of Mount Scrapmore to decorate. Some days I finish only one but I have found that I can start 5 or more cards on the weekend and then add the final elements each day. I also plan to add stitching - by hand and by machine, just to mix it up this year.

7 Likes

Great idea!

Also, this made me chuckle :joy:

3 Likes

I’m considering “cheating” a bit and using size 8 tags (6 1/4” x 3 1/8”) instead. I have over 40 that already have various backgrounds started on them. Not sure if I’ll leave them in tag form or cut them down to 3x5”

7 Likes