Paper & Mixed Media Craftalong 2022

Ack! I love them!!!
Yarnyarnyarnyarnyarnyarnyarn…

1 Like

Love these and I don’t knit!

2 Likes

omg. I love those! I may have to steal borrow this idea.

1 Like

Adorrrrrbs :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Do it!

1 Like

I’ll start with you guys…

during the shutdown, I watched a lot of journal making videos and sort of ordered everything I saw…in reality, I will never use all of these things, so if anybody wants me to make up a pack of any of these things, I would be happy to send them along…

Seriously, how many bookmarks can I possibly use or make?
Group shot:

Individual samples: gold paper clips, weird safety pins–great for stitch markers as well…hang tags off them, pin fabrics, etc. small picture hanger things used as closures in journals and I forget what else…those little end thingies for ribbon or fabric bookmarks and I forgot already how they were used in journals…ugh

I will search through my history to see if I can find videos of people using these or if you have other clever ideas…I seriously only want to keep a handful…

EDITED: PM me so we don’t flood the thread…

4 Likes

I’d take a bunch of the picture hanger things and some of the darker clasps. I have at least 6 frames that are waiting for hanging hardware so they can go up on the wall and a bunch of inkle bands I keep meaning to turn into keychains.

1 Like

I think those rounded pins make good stitch markers?

I use pop tabs for picture etc hangers, bend a bit & glue on with e6000. They work great!

2 Likes

Yes…that is what I use them for…I have used a few to pin things to fabric journal pages…

and yes, pop tops work! :grinning:

1 Like

I think the things with the teeth can also be used to make crocheted, knitted, or fabric bracelets.

3 Likes

Well, that was one long rabbit hole I fell into…lol…yes…I think I will make some of those now! lol

3 Likes

Day 16 - plaid

7 Likes

Is it the same stamp in two directions? Of course you need a stamp that looks like your weaving! It is really cool!

3 Likes

It is! I’ve actually been trying to think of how I could incorporate more weaving patterns :joy:

3 Likes

So clever and simple!!

1 Like

Day 17 - intricate. My printing could use some work but I’m pretty happy with my first rotating repeat stamp.

10 Likes

Holy moly, that is fabulous!!

1 Like

Definitely seeing your skills develop! Wow! Beautifully done and executed…so many possibilities with that one!

1 Like

Here’s a free option for New Years Eve. No email for the above mentioned class.

https://youtube.com/@MyMeriArt

She has many artists lined up for 90-minute livestreams for Dec 31 to January 1st. Many are new to me.

4 Likes

Day 18 - clear. I initially thought I could carve this stamp such that my smaller stamps would inset during printing but my cuts weren’t precise enough. In hindsight I would have done this like a normal stamp with a carving tool or at least make the initial carve lines with a tool before going in with the knife.

6 Likes