Paperfolding artwork

I started some time ago to fold old books into artwork
I made one for the Winter book swap
Here are some others

And with the rest of the pages i can make bookmark or angels or little christmas three or star :slight_smile:

Currently i’m making a hedgehog. It has to become some thing like this (not my project)

Myrthena

13 Likes

These are so neat! I’d love to see your hedgehog, when it’s done. Are there tutorials online that you follow to get the result you want?

2 Likes

Yes there are tutorials on youtube but you also can buy the pattern with the measurements for each page. I used one for the read book and the love one.
THe candle holders and the flowers books are more intuition.
I’m trying to make a special pattern with some notes but it is real trial and error

2 Likes

I took a book folding mini-class and have seen those pattern charts and they are mind- blowing! I’m super impressed by your folding skills, and the fact that you are attempting to make your own pattern…… dang girl! Wowza! I can’t wait to see more of this from you, especially what you create from your own patterns!!

1 Like

The floral ones are gorgeous!

1 Like

Wow, you’ve created such an assortment of different projects! I love the precision of the “Love” one, and the grunge/cottage vibes of the floral ones. Very cool!

1 Like

My Aunt makes the ones with the rounded pages as cardholders. These are beautiful! I especially love that LOVE one. So pretty!

1 Like

Those would be an excellent display in any library. Just gorgeous.

2 Likes

these are so cool. I really want to see the hedgehog when you are done!

2 Likes

And here is one of the hedgehogs (forgot to make pictures of the first one and the parcel got lost by our so reliable post :frowning: )

And a another project for a secret santa swap. My partner loves everything about frozen. So i made her an Olaf (600 pages and more than 2000 folds). It not bad but next time i have to find a book with thicker paper of fold twice so it had more effect.

Next one is one for 14/02 for our just married couple :slight_smile: :blush:

4 Likes

the hedgehog is so cute! and Olaf is perfect.

2 Likes

These are insane! They are amazing.

1 Like

These are so fun, I had no idea this was a thing!

1 Like