Paragliding BOTW Link Ornament

Do you ever have a craft idea that just sort of takes over your mind and won’t let go until you actually make the thing?

That’s what happened with this project! In the Ongoing Ornament Swap (which I think is still open for sign-ups), I claimed @Tapestry. She listed Zelda Breath of the Wild as a theme, and when I image-searched it, I saw some pictures of Link paragliding.

The idea of making some kind of wobbly/dangly 3-D version got stuck in my head (kinda like one of those “earworm” songs).

It’s more effort than I normally put into a swap ornament, but I just couldn’t help myself.

The paraglider itself is felt and wire. Link is a sawed-off peg doll with chenille stick legs. His legs purposefully wiggle, and he has similar connections at his wrists, so he has extra motion there, as well. His arms are made from a large paper clip.

I was really pleased with the final outcome, and am happy that @Tapestry said she liked it, too!

24 Likes

It’s my fave ongoing ornament swap ornament ever across the several years I’ve done the swap!

3 Likes

So many cool things about this one! I like the moving parts and the fact that you put your mind to it and figured out how to make it work! Inspirational earworm! ha

3 Likes

This is PHENOMENAL! Wow!

2 Likes

I love this - it’s so creative how you made it!!

2 Likes

This is so neat!

2 Likes

This is such an epic ornament. I hope it gets featured! :purple_heart:

2 Likes

hilarious, instantly recongnizable, & fun ornament design-- good work! :grin:

2 Likes

WHOA. Look at him glide! This is definitely an heirloom ornament.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind comments!

1 Like

This is amazing! I love how you were able to incorporate moving parts!

3 Likes

Well worth the obsession about it. This is incredible. I am in awe. SUPER cool!

2 Likes

Holy smokes! Seeing your in progress picd makes it even more amazing!

2 Likes

:fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :sparkles: Yay! This fall-tastic project is featured this week! :fallen_leaf: :maple_leaf: :sparkles:

5 Likes

Thanks so much!

That is amazing!

1 Like

Fantastic execution. Awesome enough to hang somewhere special year round!

2 Likes

So cool! I know how that feels- getting a project stuck in your brain. You really brought it to life perfectly!

1 Like

This is just so freakin’ cool! And yes, the mind-controlling project ideas, oof!

1 Like

Holy cow! This is so absolutely amazing! All of the effort was definitely worth it!

1 Like