Patchwork art - 'Forest' and 'Sea'

I painted these backgrounds of 1,5 cm (9/16") squares with acrylic paint on paper.

Then I scanned the paintings and added digital text.

I made animated GIFs (that I cannot show here, but that are waiting for their turn to be posted on my Blog), that start with just the background and then the text loads in six steps, before showing the entire text for ten seconds, and then rotate again.

Hope you like.
Bea

18 Likes

I’ll keep my eye on your blog to see the entire thing.

2 Likes

Those are great! I love how the quotes are one letter per square. You seem to have a real flair for “constrained poetry”…

2 Likes

What a cool idea to combine a handmade, physical thing with a digital final product. And you can reuse those backgrounds, rotate them, etc. as many times as you want!

1 Like

Such lovely neat painting in the backgrounds! That’s a really cool idea.

1 Like

Thank you, @Cindy, @endymion, @TheMistressT and @jemimah!

I am glad you like my work!

I indeed hope to use these backgrounds again.

It might take some time before the animated GIFs show up on my Blog. I post one BG per week and like to work in advance (so that I don’t have to skip a week when I don’t feel well).

I am also planning on having these works printed on greeting cards (once they’ve been posted on my Blog).

2 Likes

:heartpulse: Oh boy, OH BOY! Your wonderful craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! WOOHOO! :heart_hands:

1 Like

These are wonderful. I love the quietness of them

1 Like

Aw, thanks for the feature, @TheMistressT !
Thank you too, @Edel !

1 Like

What a great way to use these backgrounds. I love the texture you created when painting them. I also like the versatility of using these for multiple projects!

1 Like

Thank you, @AudiobookLover !

1 Like

I like the way you added the brown to the blue sea. It makes it feel more like you are standing on a beach instead of stranded in the ocean.

1 Like

The ‘Forest’ animated GIF is now posted on my Blog.
(If I could, I’d post it here too…)