Patchwork Baby Blanket

My nieceโ€™s first baby will be born soon.
Amongst other gifts I made them this double sided patchwork baby blanket.

It is made up of 9 by 9 squares of 10x10cm assorted cotton fabrics on both sides and there is a layer of fiberfill in between.
I attached the front and back of all corners with little stitches by hand, so you could by a stretch call it a quilt, I guess.

I made a similar one about three years ago that you might have seen on the old site.

I hope you like it.
BeaG

22 Likes

Such cute fabrics! The design allows them to show offโ€ฆlove the little alligators!

Lovely and a nice gift as well!

1 Like

This is a beautiful blanket! I like that itโ€™s so colorful - it will make the baby happy :blush:

2 Likes

Itโ€™s so fun and bright. The fabrics are perfect. I love it and I am sure it will. Exome a treasured blankie

1 Like

So bright and colorfulโ€ฆperfect for a little one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you very much, @AIMR, @Ewulotta, @marionberries and @loves2experiment!

1 Like

Lovely!! Perfect for a new babe!

1 Like

This is the sweetest thing ever!

1 Like

Gorgeous! Love the mix of shapes and cute animals

1 Like

Thank you, @Abbeeroad, @bethntim and @Bel!

1 Like

Fabulous! Nice and bright, the baby will be entranced by all that colour and pattern.

1 Like

Very pretty! I like the fabric you chose.

1 Like

Thank you, @Magpie and @kittykill!

What a sweet gift! Iโ€™m sure itโ€™ll be treasured!

1 Like

My niece loved the gifts I made for her.
She calls this a play mat, which is fine by me too.
Her little baby boy (born on the 16th) is adorable!
(I only saw pictures. Not only do we have this pandemic, but we live far apart.)

1 Like

I only saw this just now, but itโ€™s really cute! My favourite fabric is the orange one. Iโ€™m glad your niece loved it. Congrats on becoming a greataunt! Itโ€™s always nice to have little ones in the family.

1 Like

Thank you!
Yes, it is wonderful to have a baby in the family!
My brother is so happy to be a first time granddad. He finally got to visit and hold the baby.
They live in Friesland (in the north part of the Netherlands) and I live in Belgium, so I volunteered to be a long-distance spare-grandma.

1 Like