“Patchwork” duo

These are based on a card I received from kbrison years ago. (I wish she would join us here!) I made these while on a work call, and used up some scrap paper that probably would have been tossed out, in my madly de junking and de stashing as I pack for our move. Double win!

The first is a birthday card for my FIL.

I liked how it turned out, and made a second for my MIL because she loves happy mail so very much!

I happened to have that little feather embellishment in my stash and could not believe how well it goes with those paper scraps!

Thanks for looking!

20 Likes

I also have some of her patchwork cards…and I miss her a lot! :frowning:

Those turned out lovely! And, what a beautiful embellishment…looks like you found the perfect use!

3 Likes

Thank you! I really enjoyed making these cards. I think I’d like to make more of them when my life settles down some.

The cards are fab…love the patchwork look and what a great way to use up scraps!

2 Likes

these are so cool!
I’m thinking I may be able to do something similar with washi tape?
If I don’t get all stuck to myself, LOL
And the feather embellishment goes wonderfully!

Thx for sharing, and I miss kbrison as well~

2 Likes

These are great! They’re so cohesive and organized that one would never think, “so nice that she used her scraps”!

2 Likes

You totally can do this with washi tape! I like this project because it uses up those strips of paper too small for much else…beautiful and practical!

2 Likes

How fun!!!

1 Like

Exactly! I don’t think I would have identified that they were scraps if you hadn’t specified it in the post, B1K.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys! :grin:

This so so pretty! (And, I miss kbrison, too!)

1 Like

Thank you!

They turned out great. I like the mix you used.

1 Like

I love patch work cards! So beautiful and resourceful!

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

Prettiest scrap piece ever! I like when you can make something with such instant gratification

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like