Peachy Diamond Shawl

I’m quite delayed in posting this because I thought I might dye it a darker color, but I wanted to do a natural dye process. I’ve never done that before, so the shawl had just been sitting around since February while I mustered up the courage to do it. Then a lovely friend of mine who lurks on here, but is too shy to post her amazing Renfest costumes, told me that she loved the color and would wear it as is. So I gifted it to her. I have to say it does suit her skin tone beautifully.

This was a pattern that I attempted once before with a different yarn. It was not working out and I frogged it. I think it was @AntBee who told me that that yarn just didn’t want to be used for that pattern. She was right. This time around I only worked the middle panel. The end pieces were still not working for me.

I also reworked the pattern some. I think when the pattern was translated into English, something was lost. On some of the chart lines there were too many stitches. The “slant” of reduction didn’t look right. This is my sloppy rewrite. :woozy_face:

18 Likes

Oh, and I forgot to say that the yarn had been in my stash for a few years. I successfully used it all with this.

2 Likes

Nice that you stuck it out and managed to adjust the pattern to work so beautifully!

I like the natural looking color, but it would also have been lovely in a darker color or different yarn (the stitch definition of the yarn is fantastic!)…

You have a very lucky friend!

2 Likes

Thank you so much. The yarn is 100% cotton. Not twisted a lot, so I had to watch that I wasn’t splitting it. My friend has a peaches and cream skin tone, so the shawl looked great wrapped around her shoulders.

2 Likes

It looks great! Good for you for finding your way through the challenges. You’ve got a lucky friend there. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So pretty! Lucky friend!

I hope your friend will eventually let us see her awesome costumes!

2 Likes

Me too. I’ve told her several times that she should post them. This is such a positive and encouraging community and I know she would get great feedback on her projects.

Very pretty!

1 Like

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Oooh this is really pretty.

1 Like

Very pretty! I’m always impressed with people who can rework patterns, I would have been seriously lost! Also…that totally sounds like something @AntBee would say! :laughing:

3 Likes

Occasionally I get lucky when I try it. This time was one of them. As you can see, I had to make some changes to my “changes”. Eraser marks everywhere. :rofl:

1 Like

:yarn: :yarn: :yarn: Congratulations! Your Peachy Diamond Shawl is a Featured Project this week! :yarn: :yarn: :yarn:

3 Likes

Oh, my :hugs:. Thank you for that. I’m so humbled.

Such a lovely pattern and execution!

1 Like

This is so lovely and elegant! Such a beautiful gift!

And, I also hope your friend will share her projects here. I know at first it can feel a little scary to share your work, but I’m sure everyone would love to see what she makes :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Yes, I told her on Monday that LC’ers were asking to see her work, and how awesome and positive the community is. :crossed_fingers: She will start posting.

1 Like

This shawl is really pretty and I’m so glad you found the perfect home for it!

1 Like

Thank you so much. I have enough stuff, but I really enjoy making things, so I have to find homes for all my projects.

1 Like

It’s beautiful. I like the color it’s dyed too.

1 Like