Peanut Butter and Banana Pupcakes

Last week was Monty’s gotcha day and tomorrow is Maisy’s gotcha day, so I decided they needed pupcakes to celebrate. These are also fit for human consumption (kind of bland, but okay). The batch will make 12 mini cupcakes.

The recipe:
1 ripe banana
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
1 egg
2 tbsp water

• Mix the flour and baking powder together
  • Add in other ingredients. Make sure the banana is smashed up in the process.
  • Mix until somewhat smooth, if you have small banana chunks, that’s okay
  • In a mini cupcake pan add liners and scoop in mix about 3/4th from the top (you can use a regular size cupcake pan-you might get 6 cupcakes instead of 12 minis)
  • Bake at 350 for 12 minutes depending on oven (I started at 10 and went up)
  • Let cool and give your pup a treat!

These pupcakes are slightly chewy and I’m not sure how long they will stay fresh, probably a couple of days at least.

10 Likes

Congratulations to Monty, Maisy, and the whole family on these anniversaries! I hope they party hard with these pupcakes! This looks like a good way for me to use some of the frozen, too-ripe bananas in my freezer. I may even try it with whole wheat flour just to use some of that up, too.

3 Likes

What a lovely way to celebrate such important days!

1 Like

If the pups have their way, you won’t have to be concerned about the shelf life, because these will be snarfled down the hatch in an instant! Happy Gotcha Day to both!

1 Like

So cute! Our local fancy cupcakery sells pupcakes.I think they are so neat to get and give to my Dads pup when we have birthday parties. Maybe next time I will try your recipe instead. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Pupcakes! So clever! I love this idea, and thank you for the recipe!