Peaty Sod's Lawn Service, Needle Felting

They’re tough on turf!

IMG_20201016_103700 SM

Yes, the cart does roll! :mouse: :sheep:

29 Likes

Oh my goodness, this little pair is adorable! And the cart rolls, too…? Love it!!

2 Likes

I might mow the yard more often if my lawn mower was that cute!

3 Likes

You’re killing me with these! So frickin’ cute!!

2 Likes

Oh my! The wee horns! The mushroom wheels! The sweet mouse… you’re killing me with cuteness!!

3 Likes

Annnnd now I’m dead from cuteness!

3 Likes

Yes, super cute! What did you use to make the cart?

2 Likes

Thank you @wittychild, @megwell, @MegAskunk, @Bunny1kenobi, @kittykill, & @endymion!!! :mouse: :sheep: SqueakBahBah!

The cart came before the mouse! The wheels are needle felted. I used craft sticks to create the basic shape and support for the axel which is just a twig. There are twigs glued under the craft stick frame to form a bottom for the cart and then twigs used to create the handle and sides.
It was when I was trying out having the mouse pushing the cart that it occurred to me that it looked like a lawn mower. The sheep was the obvious addition!

Don’t get sheered by other lawn services!!
Use Peaty Sod for the very best in Grounds Sheeping!

6 Likes

Awwww!! He’s even got a little turf hat! This is all kinds of delightful XD

3 Likes

Thank you @roler!!

That’s exactly how I thought of his hat! :smiley: :mouse: :sheep:

2 Likes

I love the fantasy of this! Very whimsical! Goes straight to the heart of that little kid inside us!

2 Likes

Thank you!! :mouse:

I’m enjoying the process of making these characters. They all go through a sort of evolution. Sometimes I may have an idea in my head when I start one and that idea changes as I work on them, and other times I (like the one in progress now) I have no idea who they want to be yet. They haven’t “spoken to me” yet.

2 Likes

I think I will have to name this sheep Gravely, after the best mower I ever owned. Wish I had something like it today!

2 Likes

Congrats! Your Peaty Sod’s Lawn Service is one of this week’s featured projects. You are awesome!

2 Likes

They look so happy to go do their job! I love the little cart, too!

2 Likes

Thank you @kittykill & @grenouille78!!!

Always makes my day when one of my creatures is featured! :mouse:

I’ve always made creatures happy. I know others do, but I find no appeal to sad face creatures. “Squeak!!”

2 Likes

Each time you outdo yourself. This one is off the charts in cuteness and creativity. The mushroom caps as wheels is so brilliant! Thanks for brightening my day. I needed this.

2 Likes

Thanks!!! You’ve made my day with such compliments!! :smiley: :mouse: :sheep: Squeak!!

1 Like