Pencil crayon bag

Bag for my daughter’s sewing teacher.

Triple pocket on the other side.

This ribbon trim is perfect!

If you’re gonna make a bag, make a bag! Internal pockets. This is some of my favourite fabric too.

It’s pretty big but it’s sturdy, the quilting cotton is good quality & the lining is interfaced.
I hope she likes it!

24 Likes

It’s really wonderful! And a sewing teacher will really appreciate all the skill and fine work that has gone into this!

2 Likes

At our parent-teacher meeting we talked all about sewing & she said they’d be working with scraps, I was so excited! Of course I donated fabric, big cuts & bits. Look at this adorable pouch my girl ended up making:

I started this bag for her from my scrap pile, lots of pretty bitty faves. I so appreciate her teaching teens how to sew, what an awesome class!

10 Likes

What a perfect gift!
And pockets add so much to a bag!
Love this :heart: and I’m sure the teacher will also!

1 Like

What a great bag! Love that lining fabric.

1 Like

How pretty!

1 Like

Love those pencils! And that ribbon. :heart_eyes: lovely interior too.

Oh! That pouch! Love the fussy cut fluttershy in the center!

1 Like

The centre blocks I sent, they were given to me in a pile of fussy cut fabrics from someone on cster long ago. So cool to get them back in another form, I love that!

3 Likes

What a lovely, thoughtful gift! I love the shading done by the lighter and darker fabrics. So great!

2 Likes

I would like to give this bag more than one :heart: so here you go :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

The coloured pencils and that ribbon :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

She’s going to love it because it’s flipping awesome!

1 Like

She does love it! But she said something silly sbout pinning it up on the wall so it can be seen which defeats the whole purpose of a bag! I’ll be raiding the stash bin to make her some MAQs for that wall this weekend, lol.

4 Likes

You should be her sewing teacher! This is fantastic!

2 Likes

This is just adorable!

1 Like

Oh, teen aged kids don’t want to learn from their parents, lol. They are so sick of me telling them what to do. That’s ok, she’s got a great teacher at school, yay!

4 Likes

What a fabulous bag!!!

2 Likes

That’s gorgeous! The lining, the ribbon, the pockets, the pencils are all perfect together.

2 Likes

Now I need to know what MAQ’s are?

1 Like

Mini Art Quilt

1 Like

Ah ha!
Those will be fantastic for her classroom wall!

1 Like