Penguin Sweater for Grand Daughter 2

Oh what a work out I had making this sweater :smiley:
It was almost half finished and realized it was going to be much too large so frogged the whole thing and began again with a smaller hook. Half way through again I realized it was still too large but decided to finish anyway. When the body was finished, I realized my error. I used worsted weight from my stash and hadn’t checked what weight it should have been … oops, fingering weight, no wonder it’s large.

She’s 21 months but on the tiny side. I can’t wait to see how it looks on her, maybe it will be a dress.

I guarantee the arms are the same, we had our first snow today and it was windy so I didn’t take the time to straighten things for this photo.

25 Likes

This is absolutely adorable!!

1 Like

It turned out wonderful! Maybe she won’t fit it this year, but she will certainly appreciate it maybe in a year or two…it is a timeless design and color!

2 Likes

My thought too and I know her mommy likes these colours.

1 Like

Holy freakin’ shirtballs! This is amazing! I can’t believe you made this!!! That is so cute. I love the little penguin’s stance. She looks ready to throw a few snowballs. I hope since it is a little big that she can wear it for multiple years. This is so impressive!

3 Likes

This is adorable! The good thing about it being a little large is that she can wear it longer and she’ll probably fit into it in no time since kids grow like weeds. The background color and hat and scarf color are perfect complements to the black and white penguin.
I think we all need penguin sweaters in our lives!

2 Likes

Super freakin’ cute!

1 Like

This came out beautifully! I love the idea of it starting out as a dress and eventually becoming a sweater! All this work deserves maximum usage, which you’ve managed to achieve. What a great gift!

2 Likes

So stinking cute!

1 Like

This is lovely. I’m sure she will look fabulous in it.

1 Like

I really love this! I know your Granddaughter will look adorable in it!

1 Like

You did a beautiful job, so very impressive!

1 Like

Such talent! This turned out so adorably.

1 Like

It really turned out super cute! Better too big than too small - she’ll grow into it.

2 Likes

It’s sooo cute! Sure to be loved.

1 Like

What an awesome gift! I bet she’ll be the cutest kid on the block in this!

1 Like

It’s adorable! And it’s a bonus that it’s a bit on the larger size so it can be worn for more than one year. My daughter grew quite fond of the garments that started out with folded up sleeves and came out of the bin a couple years in a row. She’s always quite sad to see a seasonal favourite that no longer fits. I’m sure this will be loved for a long time.

1 Like