Pet Portrait for Humane Society Fundraiser Year 2023

I had so much fun painting for this fundraiser last year so I was glad that I was asked to do again this year! Although I live in North Carolina, this is for the Humane Society of South Central Michigan. My sister lives there part of the year and is a supporter.

This year, I got a cat named Cheese!

cheese

All of the portraits are done by volunteers. Most are like me, just enjoying creating for a good cause. The people who donate a $30 fee are not expecting an exact likeness. They can get anything from a pencil drawing to a cartoon! It does take the pressure off and makes it much more fun to do.

Anyway, here is what I did: It is paint, with some ink and markers, stencils and fingerpainting!

My husband thought I was done… :laughing: Work-in-progress:

Close up:

Off it goes Friday…hope the person likes it!

33 Likes

It’s beautiful!

1 Like

It is wonderful!

1 Like

I love your interpretation of the photo…well done!

1 Like

That turned out great!! Love Cheese’s expression lol

1 Like

Your portrait is perfectly Cheese-y! :wink: You’re really captured this kitty.

2 Likes

That is gorgeous! I love the expression of the cat. Your recipient is going to be over the moon!!! The background is super cool too!

1 Like

What an amazing portrait! Great likeness, and I love all the little details in the background.
:heart_eyes_cat:

Thanks…I figure that anyone who donates to the Humane Society would like a picture of an animal even if it isn’t an exact portrait of their pet! :grin: It’s a bit out of my comfort zone, but I do enjoy the process and learn new things. I painted on a black canvas, which is way harder than on a white one!

1 Like

OMGosh! This is stunning, Linda. The recipient is going to be thrilled. I love your background texture too. Super cool!

1 Like

This looks great! Cheese’s person is going to love it!

1 Like

Wow Linda, Cheese looks amazing!! His family is going to be delighted! I really like what you did with the background too, it works so well to set off the orange, his fur looks like it’s glowing in the light. Brilliant!

1 Like

That looks amazing! So much character & charm.

1 Like

This is really lovely. The detail you added to the fur is so realistic! The black outline makes the focal parts pop against the background. It’s almost hard to believe your progress pic and the final are the same piece! Excellent work, my friend.

1 Like

Another great job! I’m sure the owner will love it.

1 Like

This is awesome, you really captured Cheese’s facial expression

1 Like

I am doing a commissioned portrait of a little dog named Casper next! I also might be doing one for a dog named Moxie. Time to get some more colors of paint…mixing my own has been hit or miss!

3 Likes

This portrait is fantastic! It will be cherished I have no doubt.

1 Like

Wow, this is so great!

:art: :cat2: :framed_picture: Congratulations! Your beautiful Pet Portrait is a Featured Project this week! :framed_picture: :cat2: :art:

2 Likes