Phantom- a family ATC

This card is for my husband for our anniversary.

My husband would rather stick a fork in his eye than attend live theater.

So when The Phantom of the Opera came to town, perfectly timed for my birthday, I suggested it might be fun to go. Of course, we hadn’t been married all that long at the time and I was unaware of how deep his loathing of theater is.

Anyway, he told me to find out how much the tickets were and when I reported back, he kindly but firmly said there was no way the budget was going to support that. So I put it out of my mind.

Fast forward a few weeks to my bday. Hubby picked me up from work and said he’d arranged babysitting for the kids and we were going for a nice dinner.

After dinner, he said it was such a nice evening and we should go for a walk. Of course the theater was on our route and as we were approaching, I wistfully remarked that it was such a shame that we were going to miss the play.

When he stopped and opened the door for me to enter the theater I freaked out and fangirled all over the place! Oh yeah, he bought me the program and the souvenir booklet-thingie with the fancy red tassels… the whole thing. And the play was all I hoped it would be.

I was over the moon! But he WASN’T FINISHED! He had not only arranged a sitter but he’d secretly packed an overnight bag and booked the Opera Suite at a local hotel, the Anniversary Inn. This is one of my favorite memories.

He hates the theater. He dedicated an entire evening to this for my birthday. This is one of the reasons we’ve been married 26 years today.

The suite:

16 Likes

The stories behind your wonderful art are so fun to read. Happy anniversary!

2 Likes

Pretty card with interest in composition and a charming story to go with…

I’m going to repeat myself here and restate my vote for your family atc collection being compiled into a family tome- the art and the stories side by side in a printed volume to be shared and passed down. It would be such a unique family heirloom.

5 Likes

I love the use of the music paper for the card background. What a wonderful memory! Happy
anniversary!

2 Likes

Oh, what a lovely story! Your family-memory ATCs are so inspiring. And the card itself is beautiful, too. Really captures the romantic mood.

1 Like

That mask! Even if you hadn’t told the story, I’d have known exactly what you were portraying.

1 Like

:sob: What a story about a beautiful time with your wonderful man! Tender hearts! Let me second @AntBee 's suggestion that you put together a book of these someday!

3 Likes

Thanks everyone! I do have photos of all the cards saved… perhaps I’ll take your suggestion someday! :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I love seeing you make memory ATCs of events and people in your life! Such treasures!

Lovely story, and yeah, he is definitely a keeper…what a romantic!

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, he’s good at sweeping me off my feet! :joy:

2 Likes

That is such a great story! It sounds like a perfect night! Great card too.

1 Like

Thank you!

It was a great night!

What a beautiful card and such a beautiful story too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

The card is gorgeous! I love the music note background and the pop of white you outlined it with. It really is a treasure!

1 Like

Thank you!