Philip Lobster

I finished my third Pica Pau amigurumi! This is Philip Lobster. :slight_smile:

32 Likes

Gah! He is too cute! Now I definitely have to get the second book. I put it on my wishlist for Christmas. I have most of my craft time until then booked up anyway, so instead of buying it myself, I’m going to hold out so that my husband can actually get it for me for Christmas. :slight_smile:
Philip looks so well done. His stitches are so neat and uniform!

3 Likes

He’s quite handsome!

2 Likes

That is adorable!

2 Likes

Cute, cute, cute! You do Amigurumi really well! Nice, tight stitching. He’s adorable!

2 Likes

Squee! How adorable! I love that his little claws look like hearts. He’s too cute!

1 Like

He’s so cute!

1 Like

Oh my goodness, isn’t he the cutest? I love his sass!

1 Like

That was my first thought too, ‘so much sass!’ Lol, that hip pincher is cracking me up :laughing:.

3 Likes

OooOOoh he’s lovely!

1 Like

Wow! You had to do a lot of increases/decreases on this fellow and it turned out great! He looks so perky!

1 Like

Congrats! Philip Lobster is one of this week’s featured projects. Way to go Philip!

3 Likes

Yay, they have a book at my library! I don’t know if my skillz are good enough to make one, but I wanted to have a look.
He looks so sassy, like he’s showing off his couture shirt.

1 Like

Hee hee, the little bio blurb about him in the book says he’s a tailor lobster who invented the French marine style shirt :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Awesome that your library has the book! Good luck!! XD

2 Likes

One day I will learn to crochet!! This is absolutely wonderful. Sooo cute too!!

1 Like

So sweet!!

1 Like

Thank you so much for all the kind comments, everybody! I’m currently making a seal from the same book. :slight_smile:

Thanks! I’m really looking forward to seeing more people here make these Pica Pau patterns! They’re all SO charming!

Thank you so much! I actually struggled with this guy quite a bit in some places, and there are definitely some lumps and stuff, but I’m super pleased with how he turned out! XD (Also, there’s a reason I’m not showing the back; the color changes on the back of his shirt are ROUGH, lol. But I’m learning and getting better with each doll!)

Hahaha, yeah, in the picture in the book, he’s holding his claw a little more in front, like over his belly, but then you couldn’t see his tail very well, and after all the work on it, I wanted it visible! I realized as I moved his claw over that it did look like a little sassy hip check, and I love it too! XD

Thank you! The weirdest part was the arms; I had to start with making little circles for the elbows, then divide them in half, make the lower arm and increase, then split for the two parts of the claw, decrease again and then close them… and then go back to the elbow to make the upper arm! Very complicated but the pattern is well written so I was able to follow it. :slight_smile:

Yaaay! Philip is very proud. Even cheekily so! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Oh, that is a strange way to do it! I went back up and looked and I can see the circle elbows. I never would have guessed!

1 Like

That’s the cutest darn lobster I’ve seen!

1 Like