Photo Ornament

Here is the ornament I made for @AudiobookLover in the Ongoing Ornament Swap.

She sent me some pictures of her adorable son. I printed one out on fabric and then embellished it with felt and sequins and chenille sticks and ribbon.

It’s like glitz and Christmas exploded all over it, and transformed her son into a little elf! (To be honest, he kinda looks like a cute little elf, even without the hat and candy cane…)

The back is an over-the-top sequin-fest. You know I love me some sequins!

Merry Christmas! Come join us for the swap, which has been extended til the end of November. (Sign up any time before then.)

OPEN: Ongoing Ornament Swap 2020 (SIGN UP NOW! Swap Extended through Nov 30!)

19 Likes

This is really special! I know this will be treasured for years to come.

3 Likes

That is so adorable.

3 Likes

I absolutely love my ornament!! It makes me so happy every time I see it!

I planned on making a photo ornament for each year, but I haven’t been completely successful. One of the things I love about this ornament is that I never would’ve thought to go this direction.

I’m impressed that you sewed on so many tiny beads to keep the sequins in place!

Also, you aren’t wrong about Av looking like a cute little elf. We get him elf pajamas each year and from the day after Thanksgiving, up until Christmas, he’s the cutest elf I know :blush:.

Thank you again for my special ornament!

7 Likes

Ok, this is the best.

4 Likes

I might have to steal this idea! Did you use special printable fabric? So sweet and personal.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind comments! Yes, it’s a photo fabric that you run through an ink jet printer. I’ve tried several different brands and I like Blumenthal best. (I have no affiliation with the company.)

My original idea was to embroider the hat and candy cane onto the picture, but I found I liked the 3-D embellishments better for this project. It was fun to make!

4 Likes

I always got the kids new pajamas for Christmas eve so the pictures would always look good! And I still do it with the grandkids. I don’t think my grandson ever wears any other pajamas.

the ornament is adorable!

4 Likes

I love the 3-D hand around the candy cane, you really though of everything!

3 Likes

WOWZERS! This is so special and wonderful! It’s a great combination of retro-style and modern craftiness!

3 Likes

Oh my goodness! This is so wonderful and sweet.

3 Likes

Thank you! And Oh! Embroider right onto picture! :bulb:

My mom did this growing up and I do this with my kids, too!

3 Likes

That’s a really cute idea! I might have to steal it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Go for it! It’s inspired by lots of similar projects I’ve seen around the interwebs, so it isn’t actually super-original. But I do like how it turned out, and I might have to make some for my sister, using pictures of past-generation relatives.

We used to always get to open one present on Christmas Eve, and it was always new pajamas. My mom wanted us to look nice in the Christmas-morning photos, too!

3 Likes

This is so cool. I need to check this procedure out. Such a sweet ornament.

3 Likes

What a happy, happy gift!

2 Likes

Congratulations! :tada: This awesome project is a Featured Project this week!

1 Like

Thanks! That’s great!

1 Like

Congrats! This really is an awesome project!

1 Like

Oh, this is just darling! I love that it’s two-sided, too!

And of course it’s a featured project!! Congrats!

2 Likes