Pignic Fabrics

I finished another fabric collection. Well mostly. It is inspired by vintage cookbooks illustrations. I have a couple of other patterns to add (mostly a stripe in several colors) but I wanted to see the rest of the collection before choosing the colors for it. I think I also may add a pigs on black with white puddles/lines. Or see if I like it, at least. The orange tonal is printed at the incorrect repeat style, but I think everything else is right. I super love the piggies.

19 Likes

Oooh, I love the gingham prints!

1 Like

Ooooo. Cooooool! I really like the tonal prints!

1 Like

Yes, very cool! I love the ones with the frying pans. Are these on Spoonflower?

1 Like

These are fun! I love the colours.

I’m glad there’s no bacon in the frying pans. :wink:

1 Like

Super cute! But is it wrong that I totally want to add random stains to the β€˜perfect’ gingham prints? Like a ring from a coffee cup, and a splotch of cooking oil, or smear of chocolate. You know, like my classic red gingham cookbook has on it. LOL

3 Likes

Not at all. Lol especially give that the piggies are in mud puddles.

Not yet, but they will be. :smiley: I am trying to build a portfolio before resubmitting my work to some of the bigger brands. I’m worried that they typically want fabric designers who have a more cohesive style than I do? I feel like my designs are sort of wildly different. I take inspiration from a lot of directions, and use a lot of different techniques, and as I really buckle down to try to make this a reality, I find my designs might not have a single voice.

2 Likes

Personally, I think this is a good thing, why be like every other designer that you can spot a mile away. Be different, then customers will investigate your fabrics to see who they belong to. I’m not in the industry but if I was, I’d take a serious look at someone out of the ordinary.

1 Like

I like the vintage look you have going on. The designs are cute, but the name of your fabric line is the cherry on top!

1 Like

Thank you for the vote of confidence! I hope other people feel the same way.

1 Like

Thanks! Like with the Bumblebutts collection, I worried that it was over the line silly, but I exist in a perpetual quirky state, so I had to leave it.

3 Likes

I made a couple of minor adjustments, and added a stripe print and a white on black version of the black on white print, and now the collection is totally complete, with 17 prints! I honestly adore the stripe.

4 Likes

When will these be available for purchase?

1 Like

I just finished getting them all set up and listed yesterday!

1 Like