Pimp my Board!

Ironing board, that is…

Got a kind of shabby ironing board for $7 at the thrift store. Hubby painted the legs, and I added 5 luxurious layers of cotton batting, a muslin cover, and a floral patterned top layer.

It had lost 3 of its feet, so I 3D printed new ones:

So cheerful, I hung it on the outside of my studio door (on an over-the-door clothes hook hanger from the dollar store).

And I also covered “Mini Me” (a tabletop ironing board)

It hangs up, too!

21 Likes

Prettiest ironing board I’ve ever seen!

1 Like

Very pretty! Did you do anything special to the fabric to make sure it won’t come off onto the pressing when steam is used? Just wash it first?

Also, I an entranced with the bunting on your door…why have I not made bunting for all my doors in my craft room? It is beautiful and covers up the hardware as well!

2 Likes

Strikingly pretty!

1 Like

I prewashed, then dampened and ironed the fabric. I put muslin on top for part of the ironing, color didn’t transfer, so I think its good to go.

My current goal is not to “use the good stuff”; it is just to “use the STUFF”.
I added 50% more storage last week, and it filled up instantly. As I was putting the batting into a cubby, I realized, “If I used this, I wouldn’t have to store it…”

5 Likes

What a beautiful ironing board! Would (almost) be pretty enough to make me want to iron. Maybe.

3 Likes

What an awesome way to rescue an old board and make it even better! Love that you 3D printed new feet (of course you did).

1 Like

best part was I didn’t even have to figure out the feet, somebody else had solved the problem and shared them online! crafters are such nice people.

4 Likes

I have ironing board envy! It’s a gorgeous makeover.

1 Like

These are both so pretty!!

1 Like

So very pretty. I like the fact that you were able to 3D print new feet for it. Your final project looks great.

1 Like

What a great idea! The painted legs, I’d never even think to do that but why not? Way to customize.

1 Like