Pinecone Postage Stamp Thank You Notes

2021ThankYouNotes06

Ever since using this die set (from Sizzix’s Tim Holtz line) for a pillow box, I’ve been wanting to make more cones! So after all my gift giving/shipping was done I was able to start cutting these bad girls.

2021ThankYouNotes01

I decided to use my beloved postage stamp die (mystery source) to make embellishments and then use those embellishments to make note cards. Then I thought I’d use the year as the “cents” for the price on the stamp! number dies are also Sizzix’s Tim Holtz line.

I had the kraft card/envelope blanks (Recollections) in stash and all the other papers (various sources) came from stash, too.

EDIT: one of my friends gave me some snowflake dies for xmas, so I added pearlescent white snowflakes to her thank you card before sending.

2021ThankYouNotes08

23 Likes

Those are lovely! I love all the different backgrounds.

Fantastic! I love the dimension on the pine cones. At first I thought it was glitter glue or something similar, but from the uniformity I’m guessing it’s paper? That must have been fussy to stick down.

Love the stamp motifs and all the stashbusting going on.

So gorgeous!

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, glitter paper! They weren’t too-too fussy to stick since I mostly just hit the little sticky-out bits on the right and random points on the rest. They were much fussier to weed! Oy! Three passes through the Sizzix and still not super well cut.

How wonderful! I am especially delighted that the year is the stamp price.

Thank you! Here’s a “secret” about the year. I made 12 stamps, 3 of each colorway, and for a couple I left off the year, but cut the numbers + an extra 2. I have a January birthday, so may have need of a few thank you notes then, too. :wink:

1 Like

Love these and may have to make something similar myself. TFS!!!

1 Like

I’ve always loved the idea of postage stamps as tiny pieces of art, and this takes it to the next level. The layers and textures are spot on, great job!

Thanks!

I can’t wait to see what you make!

I really love all things postal and airmail and always get excited to see and select new stamps for mailing (not collecting) when they issue new ones.

One of my friends gave me some snowflake dies for xmas, so I added pearlescent white snowflakes to her thank you card before sending.

2021ThankYouNotes08

1 Like

Congrats! Your Pinecone Postage Stamp Thank You Notes are one of this week’s featured projects. You are amazing!

1 Like

Awwww, thank you!

These are beautiful!

Thanks so much!

beautifully done

Thanks!