Pink Penguin Party

I made Elizabeth Hartman’s Penguin Party for our youngest grand daughter this Christmas. Normally I would have used much brighter pinks but her mommy prefers softer, pastel shades.

I had planned to make five rows but changed my mind after I was finished the 25 penguins so incorporated one on the back. The penguin fabric on the back is flannel.

Personalized with her name, which I blacked out.

Tried something different by putting fancy fabric on the corners and solid for the rest of the border. While the length of each piece is the same, I started them in random spots. Made extra work but I like the effect.

33 Likes

Adorable! I love the way you did the back.

1 Like

Thanks! I’m not usually a fan of pieced backs but after doing this one and the dinosaur for our other grand daughter, I’m becoming a fan.

2 Likes

I think this should be your signature.

2 Likes

This is so cute! Amazing job!

1 Like

I’ll have to think on that.

1 Like

This is super cute!

1 Like

Awww… so cute!!! :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

1 Like

Absolutely adorable! Il ove that the penquins are just a bit fuzzy in flannel and the clever corner detail.

1 Like

When I read your comment it made me reword what I’d written. The front penguins are cotton, the penguin fabric on the back is flannel.

1 Like

Very sweet!!

1 Like

How wonderful! I love the muted colors and the special features on the reverse.

1 Like

This is so cute!! I bet she loved it!

1 Like

This is so cute! I love it and I’m sure your grand did as well!

1 Like

Super cute!

1 Like

Absolutely adorable! Well done.

1 Like

:heart_eyes: I love your quilts! Where do I sign up to be one of your grand daughters? :joy:

2 Likes

I love the different shapes of the penguins :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That is just the cutest.

1 Like

I love the way you back your quilts with a small pop of surprise blocks! The penguins are pretty in pink.

1 Like