Plaid pleated Rupert trousers

Hi you crafty bunch!

Next up in the covid isolation fabric stash sewathon!!

Oh my… so I don’t usually make woven stuff as I find it really hard to make and wear non-stretch stuff due to my plus size, there’s a lot more … body movement, buuuuuut I fell in love with this yellow plaid fabric so I figured I’d give it a try! Plus I did make a couple of muslin trials first to make sure I could get the right waist fit :wink:

Hubby says the fabric makes me look like Rupert (English comic strip character originally from the 20s)

Hubby also says that I have resting “smelled a fart” face… I can see what he means in this photo…

Anyways, surprisingly they came out really comfortable for a woven non-stretch waistband so I’m really pleased, and with the pleats etc there’s plenty of room for movement too. I used a really nice chunky silver zip with big O-ring pull, but you can’t reeeeally see it from the photo unfortunately.

:boom: Everlong pants pattern by George and Ginger

:boom: Plaid twill fabric was from eBay and I’ve just noticed that have the same in a cute pink colour too… ooooooh!!!

Hope you like it! :sunglasses:
Loops xx

18 Likes

Nice job on your Rupert pants! I love patterned fabrics, and the plaid you chose is so much fun.

4 Likes

Your pants looks terrific! I swear I have some of that fabric in my stash.
And your hubby is hilarious, lol.

3 Likes

This post is awesome! No way would anyone guess you made those yourself!

3 Likes

You’re going to have an amazing wardrobe by the time quarantine is over. These are so fun. I would wear them in a heartbeat!

2 Likes

Look at you go sewing ALL THE CLOTHES!

Resting fart face. LMBO.

3 Likes

You look fantastic in those snazzy pants. Well done!

3 Likes

Those are really nice! I knew who Ruppet is so that made me excited to see them. They look great on you.

3 Likes

Absolute love of the fabric, pattern, and extra mile on the zipper. And the waistband is brilliant!!

3 Likes

Those are gorgeous - just wait until isolation is over and you get to wear them out and about!

2 Likes

These ROCK! And so do you. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The sun was in your eyes. Great pants! I love the fabric.

1 Like

Yay, Rupert! Now you just need to knit a red sweater. Ha!

The pants look fab, and you look very happy to have them! Win-win!

1 Like