Plant-based paintings

I got a little obsessed with this little plant shape over the weekend. I’ve struggled with this seemingly simple shape in the past, but something must have clicked and I couldn’t stop making it. I had two canvases sitting around that I decided to play with. The larger one had fabric collaged on and I’d previously painted it, but didn’t love it, so it got a makeover!

I did the small one first. It’s 3x3 inches:

And then I just couldn’t stop. 6x6 inches:

I was going to give the larger one to my mom but Mr. Road decided we should keep it. :herb: :green_heart:

Thanks for looking!

15 Likes

Both of them turned out great! The colors of the larger one really are just so interesting…that green is an eye popper, in a very good way! Your scribble writing is also fun and well done.

1 Like

Wow! These are beautiful! Like, seen-in-a-boutique-for-sale beautiful. It’s hard to believe this was something in which you were lacking confidence. Keep going! (If you want to. :slightly_smiling_face:)

2 Likes

Aw! Thank you! I think I will keep going! :smile:

3 Likes

Oh my! I really enjoy these! Such eye candy. :heart_eyes:
The textures and colors with the contrast of the leaves in black and white on top… Perfect! I like that thick blocky canvas with the paint all the way around the sides. Mmmmm. I dunno I just really love these.

3 Likes

LOVE! The organic flow, and colors that pop and complement, you are finding your groove and it’s a joy to see :heart:

2 Likes

Beautiful! I love the colors with the black and white leaves (which are perfectly done imo)! Looking forward to the next ones!

1 Like

Love the contrasting shapes and lines and colors. Very impressive graphic effect. Cool!

1 Like

I love little organic plant shapes! What awesome little paintings!

1 Like

Thank you guys!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :pray: :blush:

1 Like

I read your title and thought you’d made your own plant based paints :joy:

1 Like

Haha…it was a bit tongue-in-cheek. :smile:

1 Like

They’re beautiful!

1 Like