Play page turned into wall art

I wanted to paint big patches of color the other day so I made a huge sheet (about 24x30”), cut it into strips, and wove into this finished piece. I’m really happy with how it came out but would cut the strips straight if I did another one.

And here was the big piece before cutting. I did it on a large sheet of butcher paper which is really nice to work on but is difficult to glue down to anything if you want to collage with it later.

17 Likes

Oooo! This is really coooool! I realy love the colors adn the way the shapes and patterns reflect the weaving pattern.

1 Like

The color and texture of this is amazing! What a great piece.

1 Like

Wow, it looks really different after the weaving! Still gorgeous, but with a new twist. Love it!

1 Like

I really liked the original big page too, but I felt like it was too “simple”. I thought about trying to find a frame to keep it full sized but I wanted to try a weaving it so I just went for it. I have lots of scraps from trimming it that I’m going to try doodling on to see if that gives it more of the “pop” I was looking for. I figure I can always make another one of the large pieces :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is so fun!

1 Like

Very clever! I kind of want to go weave masterboards now!

1 Like

Love this!

1 Like