Please don't post my pictures on other sites!

Thanks, @sweets4ever!
Have a lovely day!

Watermarking is a thing from the past. Watermarks can easily been removed.
And I can hardly believe that people nowadays no longer understand ownership and copyright laws. It’s just that they are encouraged to not care anymore by the big sites.
I think people still remember if they did or not take a picture themselves or ‘just’ took it from ‘the internet’.

I’ll repeat myself one last time: this thread is not about having my pictures stolen.
This thread is about two things:
1 Me not wanting to have my pictures handed over to third parties legally.
2 Me having the right to decide when and where MY pictures are used.

And I’ll give it a rest now. It is evening over here in Belgium.
Thanks everyone for your reaction!

2 Likes

I’ll reply as soon as possible. You all (hopefully) know we’d never do anything here to intentionally hurt or upset. I’ll be back as soon as I can.

8 Likes

I know that, @sweets4ever and I love you to bits!

I appreciate you having a look into this, but for now: don’t worry about it.
(I removed a couple of words here, because it seems I misinterpreted what you said.)

I don’t think anybody doubts that after all you did for this community :heart: ! And I also understand the need to publish content from LC on other websites to show off how cool we are to grow our community.

1 Like

I know a lot of my friends on FB saw the posts on LettuceCraft there and may join. They are amazed at how much talent is in this place!

6 Likes

Asking LC not to use your photos to inspire others to check out the site a fair request. Unfortunately I think the only way you can insure that no one downloads and uses your pictures is to not post them on the internet.

4 Likes

I am also not in a place to respond to this thread (both physically and mentally). We do take every concern to heart and everything we do for this site comes from a place of love and joy. Both sweets and I will respond soon.

12 Likes

Now, I’m not a lawyer, nor do I want to be, but I agree with what other people have said, that you did give permission when you signed up. That’s not to say that @sweets4ever, @mr.sweets4ever and the mod squad can’t or won’t change the wording, nor that they won’t look at the issue of permissions. I’m pretty sure that if we smile sweetly enough at them, they will take on board requests not to use images elsewhere, too. After all, we all know what an amazing group of folks they are.

When content you submit is removed from the forum, whether by you or by the company, the company’s special license ends when the last copy disappears from the company’s backups, caches, and other systems.

Just wondering how this aspect of the license works though (as its relevant to this discussion). If I remove an image, for whatever reason, from here, its straightforward that it will take time to ‘disappear’ completely.
What if that image has been published somewhere else, eg Facebook, what happens then? Will it still be on the Facebook page? Does someone have to manually go through and delete it from there, or is it an automated process? How will you know that something has been deleted? Or is Facebook included in ‘other systems’ meaning that the special license never ends?

I’ve probably added hugely to the stress, for which I am sorry, but I think it is relevant and possibly needs to be clarified?

Would a simple question along the lines of ‘can we use your images to advertise LC on other platforms? Yes/no’ on the registration page be of use going forward?
I know it’s a simple question, but that doesn’t mean implementing it would be simple, easy or quick, so a ‘please don’t post’ or similar under images for now?

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, take as much time as needed.

We can all take a breather, I think everyone knows nothing bad was intended.

4 Likes

I am sorry, I was not aware of a loss in your family, @sweets4ever!
My sincere condolences!
I would of course have posted another time if I had known that.

Thank you mods for honoring my request to not have my and Marc’s craft photo’s shared on social media!
We really appreciate that.

Edited
(I now know I was wrong in thinking I might have upset some people. I am glad that got cleared up.)

3 Likes

Sorry for the delay in replying, BeaG. I will be back a little later today. I need to catch up and collect all of my thoughts on this topic not only for you/your request, but for the community at large! :heart:

Please know I did excuse myself yesterday and take personal action nearly immediately, though.

I removed Marc’s Invisible Mend from our Pinterest account, and I removed the post I personally made about your beautiful sketchbook page from our Facebook page.

I also removed two Facebook posts that were made when the Facebook page was owned by Craftster MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands, one from Kittykill in 2013 and one from jungrrl in 2011. These latter two were just links to blogs about your projects, but I thought you might appreciate this disconnection there as well.

8 Likes

Thank you, sweets!
I really appreciate that!

I also think it’s a good idea that you will give this topic a thought for the community at large. This is why I posted in Site Feedback, rather than send you a pm.

And I’m sorry I brought this up at (what I did not know was) a difficult time for you.
I hope you are doing okay and have loving support!
You’re the best!

1 Like

So awesome that you reacted so quickly to a member’s concern…my father used to say we should watch how others are treated because that is how we will be treated as well…so I know you care about us as individuals and as a community!

That was a good solution and very much appreciated by all of us…wow…that was fast…hope things look up for you guys soon…

5 Likes

Of course. :two_hearts:

Good man. :heart: :heart:

You guys are sweet. :heart: I’ve always heard loss happens in threes. If this is true, we have met our quota in an extremely short time. :unamused: So for now, we gather, heal, and celebrate the beauuuutiful lives that were lived. For Nana’s celebration of life, the invitation requirement was to “bring a homemade dish and ingredients to make vodka tonics.” :smile: Nana knows best. Let’s just live like Nana. :smile: :dancer: We can figure out the rest, if we all just stick together and eat homemade dishes (vodka tonics optional).

10 Likes

Sweets, I love how you celebrated your Nana’s life!

When my beloved Grandmother passed (she was basically my mother), I told the funeral home to open the drapes and let the sun in. I also told everyone not to wear black, that she didn’t like that color :blush: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: .

It makes my heart smile to hear when people celebrate a person’s life like this.

5 Likes

I was so glad that when my grandfather died (who was also an important father figure to me) that hardly anyone wore black or formal clothing, and we hadn’t even coordinated it! All his family and friends knew instinctively he wouldn’t have wanted a church full of people in black suits. And in my country, after a funeral there’s traditionally a boozy meal. I strongly believe there should be tears not only of sadness but also of laughter.

4 Likes