Poison- a family ATC

The title of this post makes it sound like something awful may have happened- but actually it was quite hilarious.

When my oldest was 5 or 6, we were driving past a liquor store in Canada (which was the only place one could purchase adult beverages outside of a bar) at Christmas time. It was night time and the store was brightly lit so it was clear to see that it was packed with people.

My son very indignity exclaimed, “Those people are so dumb! Don’t they know they sell poison there?!?”

Ah, from the mouths of babes…. :joy:

25 Likes

Very cool design!

1 Like

Very cool.

Im Irish and Italian, raised catholic. We had special furniture to hold that “poison”, and special equipment to use for the evening Martini Ritual.
It’s always interesting to get a glimpse of how others live! :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha! Fun card for a silly memory!

1 Like

Thanks, guys!

This turned out really cool! Are you keeping it for yourself?

1 Like

Thanks!

No, this one is for my oldest’s birthday!

You’ve very cleverly represented that memory! You’ve also really managed to make the decanter look like it’s raised from the card.

3 Likes

Thank you!

The decanter is made of thin plastic, so I guess it does create a sort of 3D effect.

1 Like

OMG that is awesome, how cool!

1 Like

Thanks!

This is very cool and I love the story that goes with it (as usual!). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you!!

I love everything about this! What a great way to depict that memory! I was thinking about your ATCs earlier and how they are such a great way to both capture your memories and give you a chance to revisit them. I love the whole idea behind your family ATC series!

1 Like

Thank you! It was my genius husband’s idea!

1 Like

:bell: :bell: :bell: Ding, ding, ding! Congratulations! Your cool craft is one of this week’s Featured Projects! :bell: :bell: :bell:

1 Like

WoooOooh! Thank you! :grinning: