Pollinator pumpkin

The land conservation org I work for is launching a pollinator pathway project for Halloween, so I figured there should be an appropriate pumpkin carved for the occasion!
It’s a squash bee on a squash flower! (And they are really cool, definitely look them up. ) This pumpkin isn’t hollowed out and illuminated because I had to carve it really early so I could use it in an article. It’s a little sugar pie pumpkin, and in the next couple of days it will be sacrificed for a delicious pumpkin recipe. At least it can be immortalized here!

18 Likes

holy moley! Great pumpkin and great cause!

1 Like

Wow! Very cool and skillful carving!

1 Like

This is excellent! :green_heart:

1 Like

Wow, so cool! And great cause.

1 Like

Beautiful AND edible! Great work.

1 Like

I LOVE this so much!

1 Like

This is amazing. Carving a pumpkin isn’t that easy, you made it look so effortless. It’s beautiful!

1 Like

Very impressive carving! It looks like it could be a wood-cut stamp! This makes me wonder if detailed work like this would be easier for me to do before hollowing out the center… I guess then I would have to be extra careful scooping out guts.

1 Like

I worked on the BeeByway project here, and had such a good time! It sounds like yours is similar! I hope it went well, and the pumpkin pie was excellent!

It does!!

1 Like

Thank you, lovelies! I was strongly considering trying to take a print of the cut on cloth or paper, but trying to figure out the odd-roundness and not having the right sort of paint confounded me, and I got impatient. It did make a delicious mac and cheese, though. :cheese::jack_o_lantern::yum: