Pop Cozies for the Messy and Cool Folks

I swear I would never know all of the cool projects out there if it were not for swaps and people in this forum! I picked @Ewulotta in the OWS Swap…her Pinterest Board had so many things I was curious about and wanted to try to make.

She had pop cozies ,which I had never heard of…boy, were these fun and fast once I got going; you can make them just about any color, all sorts of sizes, and even make cute creatures…quite addictive!

Here are the ones I sent to her…I have a few more in the works for my nieces and nephews as well…I imagine they will keep things from getting cold and/or messy…I just like them!

I didn’t really follow any pattern…they are basically a tube…I did follow a guideline that said most pops are about an inch wide and crochet does stretch…@Ewulotta, you will need to let me know if they fit or else I will just have to go buy some and try them on for size… :).

16 Likes

These are too cute!! The froggy is my favorite, but they’re all adorable.

1 Like

Popsicle, not soda pop?
I like the watermelons.

2 Likes

Do you guys have such small sodas where you are? We don’t…

2 Likes

:grin: I assumed it was soda until I saw the size…

2 Likes

These are adorable!

These are adorable!!!

I love the watermelon one!
Which color was your favorite as a kid (or even now?) I’m a sucker for the blue ones

3 Likes

Secretly… I still love them all. I eat so many of them every time we’re in a heatwave.

2 Likes

That’s hilarious! (My kid just wraps her ice pops in a rag, but I’m sure she would love some of these…)

4 Likes

White! I think its Pinacolada!

I was confused by “pop” as well. That means soda here, the frozen tubes are “freezies” & a popsicle looks like this:

which would not fit inside that holder so well…

My mom used to make them out of juice, green juice if we were really unlucky :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Blue is also my favorite!

I call these popsicles as well. I thought soda cozies at first, and then saw that froggy and may have squealed. So cute!

So many frozen little fingers will be saved from potential frostbite by these! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I would have loved one as a kid. Heck, who am I kidding? I’d love one as an adult! I, too, eat these when it gets hot. :grin:

3 Likes

Thanks for the picture! I had no real scale to use since I just looked at internet sites! I have never had one…all I know is during my research, I came across an adult recipe that includes tequilla and learned that you can make your own…there is a subculture out there of freezer pop people that sell bags, flavors, etc. I can’t imagine holding those with your hand!

Anyway, thanks…they were fun…I will have to try them this hot summer…the orange looks good to me…any color except blue, which always reminds me of windex…ick! lol

3 Likes

Cute idea!! I like the watermelon ones the most but they are all super cute!

2 Likes

Well, these are just too adorable for words.

@bethntim I always loved the pink ones then the blue ones. Orange was my least favorite.

3 Likes

So adorable! Never having had children I am having to assume cleaning these is easier than cleaning wiggly little ones! :rofl:

My mom didn’t buy these much so I don’t have a recollection of a favorite, but she did make me popsicles using that Tupperware popsicle set that went into the freezer using… kool-aid? The unsweetened kind. :no_mouth:

4 Likes

I remember those tupperware molds! My parents used fruit juice but that was wasted so they started using sweet kool-aid. I have no recollection of having any store bought ones like these…but you can make them as well!

3 Likes

These are super cute! I made my son a ninja one when he was little. It got lots of use.

We call them ice pops here and the blue one is the best one. :laughing:

3 Likes

never knew this was a thing ! well done. frog is adorable

2 Likes

I have these pops in my fridge at all times. I love them. The frog and pig are my favorites and I love the white pop best. Yes, I call them Pops. LOL! I absolutely LOVE this idea. I’m going to have to pin it as an LC Wish!

2 Likes